First day of October. This is my favorite month of the year. The leaves start changing and are beautiful. Today while I was driving not only do we have the yellows and oranges, the reds are starting to pop out. Also I am so surprised how vibrant green the cedar trees are. Not only do I love the changing of the color of the leaves but the days are cooler as are the nights. I forgot to grab my sweaters though from the house but once I get down to the apartment there are a couple of other jackets I can wear, I am sure. Anyway, not only the changing of the leaves and the temperatures cooling off, my favorite month of the year is because it is my birthday month. :o)
I do so love October though. All the ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and other woodsy spices and smells. Pumpkins, custard pies, popcorn balls, Halloween, the smell of wood burning in a fireplace or wood stove to knock the chill out of the house in the morning. Yeah, I love this time of year. Listening to the geese flying south for the winter, only to look towards the sound and seeing a large V like formation of the birds heading to their next destination. Squirrels scurrying around, gathering nuts for their winters feed. Yes, this is my favorite time of year.
Talked to Terry today, Patty went in for her chemo treatments today. They gave her 3 like they said they would, her white blood cell count was up enough. She was low on potassium so they gave her medicine for that. The bad thing is she weighs 95 now. 160 in June and 95 now. The liver is not letting her eat and so she isn't eating. I hate cancer, no matter what kind. Why do we have it? Why do we have any of the diseases that we have. Keep Patty, Terry, Sheila and Monica in your prayers. They need a lot of them.
Heading to bed. I am tired. I wish I had the answer for everyone's problems but I don't. I don't even have the answer for my troubles. Josh wrote a really sweet thing on my Facebook wall tonight. "Got my momma's smile. And her baby blue eyes. I ain't got much. But what I got's mine And That's how I roll with no regrets through life!" I don't know if that is some country song or not but I know it made this mama proud. I've said it once and will say it again. That child is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Don't know where I'd be in my life if it hadn't been for him. I'm sure I would be surviving somewhere but not sure where or how.
Talk to you guys later. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment