I love the country and always will. There have been times, I have been known to go to places like this to just sit and write or reflect for whatever was going on in my life at the time.
Josh and I would go to places like this when he would have a day off from school the same time as I would have off at work. I never had a lot of money to do things with him but we had some quality time!!!
Why I love the country so much is because I grew up in the country. Here are some pictures to see the area I grew up.
This is the hill going to the farm I grew up on. It was called Copenhaver's hill because Roy and Zoe Copenhaver lived at the top of the hill.
This is the creek I learned to swim in during the early summer after the spring rains filled it up to its banks. I would catch crawdads, tadpoles and swing on the vines across the creek. In the winter time you would go down here and ice skate on the puddles that had frozen over. Mom and dad would take their cars down to the creek to wash it too, sometimes others would be there doing the same thing. I loved this creek and still do. No matter what season I return, I can roll my window down and hear the same sounds, smells and feelings I did as a little girl growing up there.
To the left of the creek was another place I hung out at a lot, that was Flay and Dimple Snyders farm. Flay and my dad were first cousins, so we hung out over there a lot and I remember walking around their farm like I did our own.
And this is the farm I grew up on and the reason I love the country so much. We lived on 80 acres with the creek running through the acreage. I can remember walking for hours just thinking, exploring, writing or just watching nature. There is such a peaceful serene feeling while in this presence, to find oneself. It is so hard to explain if you have not experienced anything like it.
I absolutely love walking in the woods. I have a pair of hiking boots in my closet now, I haven't done much lately but plan to get back into it again. Spring, Fall and Winter are the best times to do so, not Summer. Unless you love walking up on an unsuspecting snake. Fall isn't a lot of fun though because of the spider webs you walk into. A large stick is needed to walk with, which is used to scare a snake away, clear out a cobweb or two or just for leverage to walk across uneven ground.
With that all said, I am closing out. Patty had seizures yesterday and has not been responsive since. She has never had seizures before but we were explained that the cancer could be causing blockage of some sort somewhere. Her MRI today was severely abnormal. The Dr. said maybe two days yesterday, after today I will be amazed if she makes it to the weekend. It comes to a time that you have to think about her quality of life. There is no cure for her cancer so my prayer now is "Your will be done."
Good Night Friends

No comments:
Post a Comment