My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Awesome Possum

Well, I made it home from Columbia. Am exhausted from driving, and of course you don't sleep that well in a hotel room. I guess I must have been pretty tired though because I didn't sleep that bad, not as good as I will tonight though. This training we were in today made me think in a different perspective and may start directing my path a different direction. We'll see.

Terry and I have been hearing noises in the house at night but have been blaming the cats. It's always the cats fault. Even Lamar, at night when he is in bed will growl and run into the front room and Terry and I go, "He's heard the cats rustling around downstairs", not thinking a thing about it. Well, night before last Lamar shot out from under the covers in bed growling and going into the front room, coming back in after investigating. Then yesterday morning when I got up Lamar was smelling our couch in a strange way, like something had invaded his space. I didn't think much of it, thought it was strange but wasn't sure why.

Last night Terry called me our regular time, 10pm and told me you will never guess what happened. I go what?? He said he was sitting in the living room watching Tv with Lamar on the recliner with him, Tux asleep in my chair and Pouncer at her regular spot on the back of the couch and he heard some crunching over by Lamar's food bowl. He couldn't figure out what the heck it was because all three pets were in the living room with him so he got up to see. He said he saw a long skinny white tail and then saw it was a baby possum. He said he ran into Josh's room, he was already in bed, and got him up to help trap the critter. They got the BBQ tongs and the dog kennel and poked the possum into the kennel and Josh did the catch and release method. I told Terry at least it wasn't a skunk.

We can't figure out where it could have gotten into the house at unless through the dryer vent. There isn't any holes in the foundation or anything. I told him we do keep the garage door open during the day and sometimes don't get it closed until evening and maybe the critter slipped in through the screen door in the kitchen. We don't know how long he had been in there or anything. Terry looked behind the dryer and there was poop back there so that must have been where it was hiding out. Yuck ola. I hope that is the last of our possum story.

I'm not going to touch on HIV tonight, even though that is something that I feel very strongly about but the other thing I feel strongly about is Cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I cannot stress to you guys enough to take care of yourselves and by doing so, have a mammogram once a year. It is so important. Missouri has a program called Show Me Healthy Women. "Show Me Healthy Women (SMHW) is a free breast and cervical cancer screening program for the state of Missouri. To qualify for a free breast and/or cervical cancer screening, women must meet certain age, income, and insurance guidelines. There are approximately 180 facilities throughout the state that provide these free cancer screenings." That statement was taken from our website Show Me Healthy Women Please click on it and read. As with anything to do with keeping you healthy, please ask me and I will get you directed to the person you need to talk with. This is an awesome program. Take advantage of whatever you can to keep healthy. Other States have programs like this, if not this particular one, let me know and I will find that info out for you too.

I am signing off. Another thing I want you guys to think about.

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind.- Henry James

Be kind, life is to short to hate, be jealous and to make other people's lives miserable. Enjoy and love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment