My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sugar, Sugar

This is something else I would do a lot of growing up. Even after I left Lowry City to explore a world I had no idea existed, I would fly kites for something cheap and fun to do. Why I let this slip away while Josh was growing up, I have no idea. I cannot believe that I did not share this love with him, because, as I said, it is a cheap and fun activity to do.

There is a kite club in Kansas City that I keep saying I am going to join. Just haven't yet because, also, as I have said in the past, "Talk is big-follow through sucks." I will though because it is a lot of fun flying these vessels and I think it would be even "funner" to build one.

Rain, rain, rain. It has been raining since last night off and on. Not sure how much we have had but it is beautiful. We need it so bad. I planted a mum that one of Patty's cousin gave her while she was in the nursing home. It hadn't been watered for quite sometime and was very dry but when I got home I dug a hole and filled it with miracle grow. Then sat the plant in the hole and covered it with dirt. Then watered it again with miracle grow and it was coming out of it. It is going to do good after this rain. Am going to look up and see what I need to do to prepare it for winter. I know they are a fall plant and do best during the cold temps but know there is something I should do to prepare it.

Going to get off here. Some really good friends of ours, Paula and John, came by today with some goodies and we have been enjoying cream pies, cakes and cookies like we needed them. It is so nice to have good friends to show us that they care in such a way. I feel like a very lucky lady.

Going to get off here. I'm tired and it is raining, which makes me tireder. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment