Fifty years ago today The Beatles released their first single, "Love Me Do". On October 5, 1962 Terry would have been 12 years old, a time that you start listening to your own music, not just your parents. Two years later they came to the United States becoming international stars, leading the "British Invasion" of the United States pop market. At that time Terry was a 14 year old with an admiration for their sound, their ability to put words and notes on a sheet of paper to produce music that was a new sound never heard before. Paul McCartney was 16 year's old when he wrote "Love Me Do". From 1965 on they created their finest material until 1970, when they disbanded, leaving a 20 year old man with a respect that has never died for an absolutely fabulous band.
Terry's favorite quote from his dad was "That is just a fad, The Beatles will never amount to anything." He laughs every time he tells me that. He was able to see Paul McCartney and Wings in 1975, the Venus and Mars tour. Sitting five rows back and the ticket costing a whopping $50.00, which in 1973 was a weeks pay, he still talks about it like it was just last week. He went with a friend from Harrisonville and I am sure his friend is still talking about it as well.
Terry has the same love for music as I do, which is one of the things we enjoy and try to make it to at least one concert a year. We have seen The Troubadour Tour with Carole King and James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs, The Beatles Tribute band Rain and others that aren't as big name as these. We both say we wish we had of met each other at an earlier age but it's all good. We are having a blast as it is now.
One of the things I read when I am reading about posting in blogs, don't be a bragger and make everything a fairy tale in your life. I try not to do that but with Terry sometimes it's hard to do. He is a good one and he is one of the luckiest men in the world to have a woman like me in his life. LOL.
Going to sign off. Fall has come to the Midwest. Tree's aren't as pretty up here as they are in Southern MO but it will be coming. Brought some of the plants in tonight because it is to get to freezing tonight. I know what the freezing temp is but is the thawing temp? 32* also? Always been something I have thought about.Talk to you guys tomorrow. Goodnight. Halloween is coming and I keep finding some really cool jack o lantern pictures on Facebook but this pineapple is a completely new concept. What people think of.

No comments:
Post a Comment