You never know how important family is until you are either about to lose someone, or you are getting a brand new little life into your institution called family. Generations come and generations go, whether we are ready for the transistion or not. One breaks our hearts and the other makes us so happy and proud.
Today has been a day filled with family. The only thing that would have made it a little bit better is if our granddaughter could have come by and seen us. We talked today with Brandon in Dalian China. Todays technology is great compared to the phone calls you use to have to make back in the day. Josh was here and the two of them were able to talk and laugh. It is so good hearing their laughter in the house again. Cannot wait for him to get back home, unless he decides he loves it so much and signs on for another year. :o(
Then we went to see Terry's sister, Patty. They have put her in the hospital in Kansas City. They put two quarts of blood in her and are giving her potassium thru an IV along with another IV. I am sure she was dehydrated, she didn't eat anything today and barely drank anything. Terry said she's lucky she didn't blow her engine being that low. She did laugh while we were there. Not belly laugh but a smile. She had good color in her face and when she talked you could hear her. She was so weak in the nursing home but she said she still feels bad. I am sure she does but she looks better.
The holidays are just around the corner and that is something else that usually brings families closer. I cannot wait. I love to cook and bake but there are going to be some changes with out Brandon here and Patty being so sick. It will be fine though.
I am going to have to get off here early tonight. My computer is acting stupid and and I am losing patience over it. Sorry. Going to hit the bed here in a few because I am going to have to take the computer to the shop and see how much it will cost to get it fixed. Grrrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment