This is the only picture I have of some of my doodling. I doodle on my desk calendar while I am on the telephone. I have a pencil holder full of color pencils so I can color in my doodles, most of them are flowers and cartoon people. I doodle during meetings too, while I am listening to whomever is speaking. I can hear what they are saying and can retain the information, a little better than when I am sitting there doing nothing but listening. I have never really taken any art classes and use to think I wanted to. Even though I started a couple I never finished them. I like sitting and drawing what I am feeling not what people want me to draw, just like I like writing what I am feeling.
Will start taking more pictures of my doodles when I do them from now on. I use to have a sketch pad to keep by my side at all times but haven't done that for a while, may be something I should re-evaluate. I loved buying the Doodle Art posters back in the late 70's. They have it now too but most of it is on Black Velvet and I don't like that as much. I remember one I did that was plants in front of a window. Doodle Art reminded me of coloring in coloring books, I still enjoy doing that too. The posters would turn out pretty cool. I also enjoyed paint by numbers when I was a teenager at home. It was something I could do by myself and would pass a lot of time.
I have a friend that does etch-a-sketch art. She is outstanding, I never even knew anyone could do anything like that. I loved my etch-a-sketch when I was a kid but never was good enough to make anything legible on it. Heck, I had problems making Wooley Willy look good but I loved that little bald man. Making the hair on his head stand up and all. LOL.
Well, I'm signing off. Patty has taken a turn that isn't good. Prayers for God's will is appreciated. Of course prayers for Terry, Sheila and Monica. Terry and Sheila have a nephew in Texas that could use some prayer too, Mike. Thanks everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment