As I read posts on Facebook of young parents that have been attending Parent Teacher Conferences so, many memories start flooding back of the days gone by. Parents have an opportunity to listen to the fabulous things their children have accomplished but there was always a, one small problem we seem to be having with Josh Mrs. Hastings. It never failed, the child was always doing something to make his mama so proud. Like in 4th grade when he stood at the recess door slapping the little girls on the butt when they were going to recess. Or the time he was in Middle School and they were having quiet time and was suppose to be reading. The teacher looks up and Josh was crawling on his knees to talk to a girl at the front of the row. When caught he apologized to the teacher and walked on his knees back to the desk. Or the time he was in 1st grade and him and a little buddy of his was standing in front of a little girl and going, "If I stick my finger in your mouth would you bite it?" She goes, "Yes-s-s." "If I stick a crayola in your mouth would you bite it?" She replies "Yes-s-s." Then my son chimes up, "If I put my weenie in your mouth, would you bite it?" She chimes up with "Yes-s-s". Well, needless to say he got in trouble but he took it like a man. He had a choice to take a swat or miss recess, he took the swat. He told me in his later years, he knew the swat wouldn't hurt that much and he didn't want to miss recess. I am sure it all was accomplished as plan, getting a good laugh from his peers.
One thing about it, Josh aced Socialization and Networking Skills while in school. Academics wasn't much his forte. Of course I totally understood because I was the same way in school. Wish I had of taken it all more serious and went to college, got my degree and moved on but didn't. Oh well, coulda, shoulda, woulda.
It has turned cold today. Was in the upper 70's today and by 1pm it was in the 50's, raining and cold. Definitely Autumn in MO. Terry came down tonight with Lamar and we are going to be packing some stuff. When he got down here he asked me if I wanted to go out to eat and I said sure. We went to Cracker Barrel. I absolutely love that restaurant, especially the store in the front. I found something for Madison and Emma and will give to them Christmas. Anyway, back to us going to the restaurant, they sat us next to the wood burning fireplace. You could feel the warmth of the fire on your back and could smell the wood burning. It was so relaxing, we ate the Turkey and Cornbread Dressing dinner that was the special of the day. It was such a cozy, warm, relaxing supper. We truly enjoyed it.
Terry is watching the World Series tonight. I watched my normal Thursday night sitcoms tonight. Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Rose is back on that show and it was good. Of course I love BBT and it cracked me up as normal tonight. Love my comedies. While we were out at Jeremy and Barbel's house Jeremy showed us a comedian that he really likes that cracked us up. Wish I could remember his name because he was really funny. I love to laugh.
Going to go to work in the morning and get a couple things done and then tomorrow night hit it hard packing and stuff so we can get this show on the road. Am looking forward to moving, want to get into something cheaper. Not sure I like it being on the bottom floor but it's all okay.Gonna head off of here. I will talk to you guys tomorrow night, I am sure. Take care and as always, be kind to one another, and share a smile with someone who needs it. :o).
No comments:
Post a Comment