My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, October 12, 2012

Up, Up and Away

I have always loved hot air balloons and will probably hold this devotion for the rest of my life. Driving along, looking to the sky and there is one of these gentle giants floating across the sky. The last time I saw one was when my friend Linda and I went to Denver Colorado. We were driving to the airport for her to come back to Missouri and as I looked out my car window there was a balloon floating across the top of the mountain right next to my car window. It was the neatest thing I can remember seeing.

Another time Josh's dad and I were in a terrible motorcycle wreck and he was life flighted to University Hospital in Columbia MO. He was there from July to November and I stayed next to his side most of the time. We were sitting there in his hospital room and all of a sudden we saw the top of a hot air balloon coming up next to his window, we were like almost to the top floor of the hospital. As it was elevating we could see the people in the basket. They waved to us and we waved to them. It was so totally awesome.

About 23 years ago I worked for Sprint as a long distance operator. Josh was a baby and I had to work crazy hours. During that time they had hot air balloon races at Richards Gebauer Air Force Base in Belton, I would usually have to drive by about the time they were starting the race. It was so totally cool to drive along the highway looking at all the balloon's in the air. The excitement is unexplainable. Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER ride in one but I think they are beautiful floating in the air.

One of these days I am going to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque New Mexico. It is going on right now as we speak and I am sure is outstanding. If I remember to keep an eye on their website I will try and make it next year. This year it is from October 6-14. I will end this writing tonight with the Balloonist's Prayer.

May the winds welcome you with softness.
May the sun bless you with its warm hands.
May you fly so high and so well that God
joins you in laughter and sets you gently
back into the loving arms of Mother Earth.

Good night my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment