My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, October 18, 2012

56 years ago today

Thursday, October 18, 1956 my parents world changed as they knew it. That was the day of my birth. My mom was 41 years old when she had me. My brother had graduated from high school that spring and my sister was married with a 3yo and a 9 month old and another one on the way. Bill was 18 years older than I and Barbara was 23 years older than I. I often wonder what my parents thought when they found out about the little bundle of joy mom was carrying.

I was looking on the net to see if I could find any cool trivia I didn't know about my day of birth and I found out that I was conceived on Friday, January 13, 1956. That brought a whole new thought into my mind. 1 - I wonder if it was just one of those cold winter nights and some innocent snuggling happened and then I thought, hmm Bill was probably out with his classmates since he was a Senior at Lowry City High School. Wonder if he was out to a basketball game that night with a date, having a curfew of midnight. That was always my curfew but I can't say I always abide by it. Of course I was a rebel without a cause when I was a teenager.

Sometimes I put to much thought into stuff. Not that any of it matters, and if mom was still alive I know what her answer would be if I asked her. "I don't remember." That was always her standard answer. Between you and me, I believe she could remember just didn't want to revisit some memories.

Well, I have had a good but quiet birthday. Terry and I went out to eat at a restaurant that is outside of town, Harold's. They have really good BBQ, not the best I've ate but not the worse either. We both had ribs and then came home to sit and relax because tomorrow we get on an airplane and fly out to California to see a beautiful little girl that has come into our lives. Emma Grace Isermann, born 09/11/2012. I am not only a Grandma to a beautiful 9 year old but also a Grandma to another beautiful little girl. I cannot wait to post all the pictures of this little bundle of joy.

I have not had the opportunity to meet her mama and daddy and am really looking forward to this opportunity. Terry is very proud of Brandon and his brothers and I feel as if I know Jeremy and his wife personally. Jeremy and Terry talk to each other lots and I can always tell when it is Jeremy on the phone. Terry is a good dad and the boys realize that.

Well, I'm getting off here. I'm packed and we are ready to go tomorrow. I won't be on here until we get back Sunday night so hope you guys will be okay with the lapse in writing. I figured out it wasn't anything wrong with the blog. I will talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment