My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Sunday, August 19, 2012

What about now?

Today was a good day but then again a sad day. It was a good day because it started out with an outstanding message at church. We are learning from the book of Ephesians and today's passages was thru 5:15-20. Very, very good message, "Who is God and what is He doing in your Life right now? God is Love. When you imitate God you love people. I loved the video that was playing during the offering part of church. I posted it on Facebook and didn't get that many hits on it but it spoke to me in so many ways. Believe me when I say this is the best 4:13 minutes you will have spent in your life for some time now.

I really enjoy this church home I have been led to. Never knew that much about the UMC but my mom, sister and family belongs to the one in Garden City. I have many friends that are from that church and I went a few times while I was in Lowry City because my boyfriends Grandma belonged to the one in Lowry. This one is feeding me so far where I need to be fed. Really like it.

Well, that was the good part. The sad part is I have lost a friend to leukemia. He was diagnosed with Pre-Leukemia. The last time I saw him was at a good friend's fathers funeral. Lowry City is a small town but many people passed through my life the 18 years I lived there. This guys name was Ben Daughtery, nicknamed Skip. He was such a good looking young man when he was in our class our 4th grade year. His dad was in Vietnam and when he came home came to our class dressed in his uniform and spoke to us. I remember that like it was yesterday. Ben was the cousin to my best friend Lenora. Lenora's family "adopted" mom and I after dad passed away. Many a pitch game was played in our kitchens as we grew up. Anyway last time I saw Ben was at Lenora's dads funeral. Ben remembered me and we spoke as old friends do. It was so good seeing him and was going to come to our school reunions. He never did but we always were going to get him involved. His parents and his sister never missed a one. I wish we'd pursued him coming more than we did. Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda. Can do that all night. My mind goes from days in the past when he was in our lives. Many, many a good memory.

For those of you that aren't on Facebook or on my e-mail list and knew Ben, here is the link to his obit. I plan to make it to the family night but probably won't make it to the services or graveside. Just click on: Ben Daughtery

Well, going to get off here. Really enjoy posting daily on this blog and am glad you guys enjoy it. One friend told me it kept her grounded. Love you Annelie Glimka!!! She's one of those friends that will be friends for life, no matter what!!! just like the rest of you. Talk to you again tomorrow. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment