Started the day out going to Lee's Summit and going door to door asking if they were registered to vote at their current residence and if not did they want to register. It was fun, at first we both were like, ohhhh we don't want to do this. We had a low income housing unit to work. There were like 10 apartment buildings with 8 apartments in each unit. It was mostly single moms, college students, double working families that probably make minimum wage income with a family. Terry was able to sign up three and I signed up one. One apartment I went to I asked the lady if she was registered to vote and she said yes. As she was shutting the door the little girl goes "No your not mama!!!" I had to laugh, the little girl probably got in trouble once mama closed the door.
We've gotten some rain but the ground isn't even wet so that tells you how much. I so wish we would get some. Like I've said before, if it would just be a slow steady rain for about 4 days. The fires are bad around here because of the dryness. I hate it.
Don't know if it is just me but lately when I start writing in this blog I start nodding off. As bad as when I try to stay up to see the 10pm news. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment