So tired today and am not sure why. A lot of it has to do with work, I am sure. I am trying to get caught up but sometimes it is overwhelming. Plus you can only do what you can do. No matter how much grief you receive, I am doing the best I can. Just have to pray hard on all that is dealt my way.
Today I met a man that had been exposed to HIV. His partner lived in another part of the US and had contacted him, letting him know he had been exposed. This gentleman was in his 40's and had a thick Mexican accent but spoke English. We visited for quite sometime while we were waiting for his results. We have a test kit that you can get your results in 20 minutes. After visiting with him for a while I thought he was going to be positive but was so relieved it was negative. I hate nothing more than to tell them they are positive. His last encounter with his mate was in February. I informed him that he will need to get another test in 3-6 months just to make sure but right now everything looks good. When I have someone I visit with them and educate them. I also bring the conversation to where they are at the moment we are talking. It was a little difficult to understand him at times but I could carry a conversation with him. There were times I'd have to ask him to repeat but I did get the best out of it. I was giving him some telephone numbers for some resources and he thanked me, telling me "You are a very nice lady." I thanked him and told him that my job is to help people, not make them feel bad about something we all are guilty of. He told me "You do good job helping, you are nice." We shook hands and he left.
I wish I didn't have to mess with the rest of the aspects of my job, just this part of it. Well, I'm not going to get on that bandwagon. I need to find something else to rant and rave about.
I am going to work on happy things to talk about for right now. No more things that make me a raving maniac!!! We all know I want to retire, want to lose weight, want to save the world and want gas prices to lower. This morning walking into work I said hi to the maintenance man. Told him I never thought I'd find the day that 98* was a good day and 3.19 a gallon was a good price for gas. He laughed and said he heard that.
Well, I'm going to sign off of here. Heard this song tonight and enjoyed it, thought I'd share it with you as I have shared it with my Facebook friends. I know not everyone appreciates this kind of music but I do, so there ya go. Hope it plays okay for you
No comments:
Post a Comment