My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, August 6, 2012

Another Sad, Sad Day!!!

I was just thinking. I am trying to take my vitamins to help with my well being and it is so hard to take any kind of pill. Always has been, when I was a little girl my mom would wrap it in bread, use apple sauce and any other way she could think of so I would swallow the medicine. Always gagged and threw up when I would take them. Anyway, the last few nights I have been having trouble swallowing my pills. Tonight I was like I can't take my vitamins but did take my other prescriptions. I was wondering, do you think I am still getting the benefit of the vitamins if I don't take them every night. I took them last night, maybe if I tell you what I take, I take a one a day vitamin (Centrium) two fish oil pills and one Vitamin D pill. I should split them out throughout the day but am not real good with that because I forget to take them. Sometimes I remember but not always. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

Another mass shooting of innocent children and people. All they were doing were having services at their temple. One of my bosses since I have worked at the State, her and her husband are Sikh. Yes, once in a while she would do things that didn't make sense to me but as far as being a bad person, she wasn't. I really liked her as a person and also her husband. Her name was Sat Inder Khalsa and her husband's name was Karta Purke.

An article I was reading about the event was very interesting. "How can one even think of attacking a religion who's solely based on peace and unity. Sikhs have never done harm to any other religion or nation. Wherever they go, they become a part of that nation and help to build it stronger. The six year old girl who got shot yesterday, was she a terrorist? or did she look dangerous to anyone out there? What is this world coming to? It has become so easy for any moron to just walk into a temple and start killing people? Is there no value left for the life of a human being?" Then someone commented on it going " Just because you feel uncomfortable or feel threatened by another's religion, it doesn't give you the right to kill them!" I agree with this at so many levels. Another thing I was telling a friend of mine today, do you notice that all these mass killings that happen are always white men with mental issues. Let's take away funding for health care and see what happens to our society. Maya Angelo says it best.

I don't know, I am getting tired hearing all about this stuff on TV, let alone all the politician hot air. Tell me what you are going to do, not what everyone else is not doing. I don't care.

Well, heading out of here. Bed is calling my name. Tomorrow is another day and I am going to make the best of each of my days here on this earth. If I can make a difference in one person's life a day I will be happy. Just smile and say hi to someone on the street can make their day. Peace, love and tranquility to each of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment