My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

E.D.'s are not my friends!!

Was in Rolla today at the County Health Department. It is a nice Health Department and today was WIC day, there were lots of babies. So many fat, healthy and happy babies. Because of programs like this, along with immunizations, planned parenthood, STD testing and treating, our country would be in a worse shape then what it is in now. The nurses at the health department go to the homes and make sure that TB meds are taken by the clients. They interview when there is an outbreak of E Coli, Salmonella and any other communicable disease. When there is a Meth Lab explosion, someone goes out and investigates those to make sure the clean up is done correctly, they report to the truck wrecks where there is food that has been damaged. The list goes on and on. I can't even begin to name everything that they do. These people are the true foot soldiers for the communities and that is where the funding is being cut, they are the ones that are hurt the worse. When are we going to realize the importance of these entities? People, you need to become involved in your communities and find out what is going on in these businesses. We need the Local Public Health Departments like you wouldn't believe.

My day was good though. We got a lot accomplished at our meeting and will meet again next month. Hopefully we are about done but who knows what is in store. Things change like you wouldn't believe but it isn't any different than any other job.

Tomorrow it is off to Jefferson City. I will be back in the office on Friday which is good because I got hit pretty hard yesterday with work. 4 new HIV cases, two in their early 60's and one in his early 70's. Other one is in his 20's. Can we say, "Love erectile dysfunction drugs!!" NOT!!!

Well, getting off here. Think I will do some reading once I am off. Haven't done that this week, just went straight to bed. I was so tired last night. Got a good nights sleep though and woke up feeling pretty good. I will talk with you guys more tomorrow. My Josh and Brandon are going to be down here. Then Terry later with Lamar. Can't wait!!! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment