I was fixing something to eat this evening and had the world news on. They were reporting about these rebels that were massacred outside of Damascus. According to Wikipedia (my all time favorite resource on the net) this ongoing internal armed conflict began on 15 March 2011 developing into a nationwide uprising, and a civil war in 2012. Public demonstrations have been happening, as part of the wider revolutionary wave of demonstrations and protests that have been occurring in the Arab world to force rulers from power. Syrian protesters have demanded the end to nearly five decades of Ba’ath Party rule, as well as the resignation of Bashar al-Assad.
Today Assad has urged his troops to "step up the fight". After this story was done, the station had a commercial and it was nothing but hate bashing with politics. It made me think about all the hate bashing that is in the USA today and how people think we have it so bad. I'm thinking move to a third world people in the middle of a Civil War and then let me hear how bad you have it.
I have met so many people within my career that have come from these other countries for refuge, to be safe and away from the craziness that is in the other world. My heart is soft for these people and their stories. It is so, so sad. Why do people have to hate so much. Why can't people see others in the eyes of Mother Teresa, or Nelson Mandela. These two individuals are a couple of my inspirations. Good people that loved mankind.
With that all said, I've been doing pretty good with my carbs this week without my favorite sabotager in the whole wide world here!!! :o) It's easier whenever he's not around except the other day he did make some killer scrambled eggs to lunch/breakfast. Guess I won't complain much about him. He's my favorite sabotager in the world though, wouldn't trade him for nothing!!! :o)
Well, I'm going to go run the dishwasher and just chill on the "net" for a while. Will talk to you guys tomorrow and remember to always. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment