My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, August 24, 2012

It was totally Outstanding!!!

Just got back from Garden City MO and ate at Old Cedar Inn. All the fried chicken you can eat, choice of potato, vegetable, salad bar, dessert bar for $8.75 and let me tell you, it was delicious. They make the best fried chicken around. Only one place that I like better and that is Ria's in Jefferson City. Ria's is more your pan fried chicken to where Old Cedar, they have a special fryer that fries the chicken. Their chicken strips are good too.

Anyway, they had bread pudding along with the ice cream machine where you can make a ice cream sundae if you want. The bread pudding was to die for. The best I've had. I really am a bread pudding connoisseur along with custard pie. I love both of them and haven't been able to find any as good as Dimple Snyder's. She lived across the creek from us when I was a little girl and her custard pie's were to die for!!!

Needless to say, I blew it on my carb's today. Did good until I got to Rich Hill MO. I was coming home and had to go to the restroom. A friend/co-worker had told me about a mom and pop dairy queen in Rich Hill called Swopes Drive-In that has the best Suzy Q's and milk shakes. Needed to go to the restroom and figured it would be nice and clean there and it was. Well, you don't go to the restroom somewhere and not buy something so I bought a small Raspberry Shake. Oh my gosh, it was to die for too. Excellent, outstanding and all those other powerful words!!! Told Terry that we need to go sometime down there on one of our rides.

Woke up this morning with a big honking cold sore in my life, smack dab in the middle of my upper lip, right under my nose. I haven't had one for quite sometime and really hadn't missed the inconvenience of it, let alone the soreness it creates. Oh well, could be worse. Could be the other Herpes Simplex. Glad I don't have that one, this one is bad enough.

Trying to stay positive and not let the news media bum me out and also try not to get wound up within their drama. It can over take you if you let it and I'm not going to let it. Between the Civil War over in Syria and the execution of the medical personal that are trying to help the injured or Akins dumb ass remarks. I will stay educated on all of it but that is all. Anyway, I'm signing off. Hoping we get the rain that the weather men are talking about for tomorrow. They say 100% chance but not where or how much. We'll see. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment