My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's a new look

Decided to change the looks of my blog a little. Got tired of the sunflowers. Not sure I like this or not but it will do for tonight. I'm a little bummed. Not sure if it is because I have been messing around if it or if people dropped being followers because they didn't like what I posted. Anyway, I had like 6 followers and now am down to two. Of course I could have done something when I was changing all my stuff. I'm sure my sister in law wouldn't delete me. Hmmm. Going to have to check into it more and see what I did.

Today was an eventful day. Went into the hills of the Ozarks today. Taneyville was one place. Where Winter's Bone was filmed. Man, when you get off the beaten path you see some real hill folk. Got off this state road and went down this lane that was very, very rocky. A trailer sat on the side of a hill with two other trailers on the property too. Very poverty stricken. When I pulled up about 6 dogs come running up barking. They were small dogs, not Rott's but still, you are never sure. A lady that looked like she was straight out of Shepherd of the Hills comes out. First thing out of her mouth was "Who are you?" I told her and told her who I was looking for. It turns out it was her son. She started to tear up and said he'd left in October and last she heard he was in Springfield. Probably not but I felt so sorry for her. She was a concerned mama about her son. Even though I am sure he is involved in meth because the person that named him was tweeking when we talked to him. Annnddd, I don't like to stereotype but that is what is in these hills now. It's a different world in the Ozarks.

Needless to say, for a state the size of Missouri we have a vast array of cultures. The southern part of the state is nothing like the Eastern and Northern, let alone the Northwestern. Those three districts are as different as night and day. I am not sure which area I would rather have but since I have worked the Northwest and Southwest, I am content. I don't want the Southeast. That is another world within itself. If you have never been into the boothill of Missouri and worked public health, I recommend it. It's different too. Different world all together, just like St. Louis. I have never been into the Northeast and worked but one of these days I am sure. It will be a trip.

I read on a book today on blogging. Just to see if I could learn anything else. It said to be sure and read for grammar and punctuation errors. Grammar was never a strong suit for me so if I use to many run-on sentences, I am sorry. LOL. Anyway, guess I'm doing okay. Yet yelled at if I miss a posting and try not to. Have a few but had some good reasons.

Well, gonna sign off. Hope to talk to you guys tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Well you haven't dropped John nor I from reading your very interesting posts! How eerie it would be to be where they filmed Winter's Bone, you are braver than I! Love to read your posts. I am going to try for my disability since I can't do much of anything anymore, hear it is very hard to get, don't know of any lawyers....

    ReplyDelete