My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We Keep On Waiting.

You know we are a spoiled rotten breed of human beings. We like to sit around and whine, complain, say how bad we have it and we deserve more. Instead why don't we sit and take a look at the world in general and say, "What can we do to make someone else's life better?" Whether it is give a young child a nice cold Gatorade at football practice that the parent has dropped off with nothing to drink at all and will pick them up after the practice. Or if you see someone struggling to pay a grocery bill in front of you and only needs a small amount to finish the transaction, pay for it. Always thank a soldier or a Vet, no matter the age. Smile at children and say hello to people that you make eye contact with.

I had the privilege of knowing a young man that helped not one, but three homeless men get their GED, a job, a place to stay and get cleaned up and back on their feet. A senseless crime took that young man's life this weekend but look at the many lives he changed in the short time he was here. Why don't we do that too? I know another friend of mine that said when a homeless person asked him for a cigarette he went into the store, bought the man a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Why don't we do more of that? Why are we so self centered that we think it's all about us. Why worry about things we have absolutely no control over and worry about things we can make a difference about?

Like my mom told my son one time before she passed away. She told him to follow the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule and he will be fine in life. That is true, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I have lots of things pulling at my heartstrings right now and am not sure what it is. Time will tell and that will be another story in another blog, I am sure.

As I end tonight's blog I challenge each and everyone of you to do at least one thing within your day that makes a change in someone else's life. Believe me when I say it will make a difference in your life like you couldn't imagine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment