My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, September 14, 2012

The question is Why???

It's amazing what a good nights rest will do for a body! Today was an exceptionally good day, sometimes I wonder if I'm a manic depressed person. Just teasing, I know I'm not just some days are better than others, that is life in a nutshell. I was very productive at work and that is always a good thing. When I got home in Harrisonville Terry and I ran out to see Patty. She fell yesterday, tried to go to the bathroom by herself and couldn't do it. The nurses told her to call them and not to try it by herself. She is so weak and tired. She was telling us that when she first got sick in June she weighed 160 pounds, she is down to 111 as of today. I told her to quit bragging. LOL. She was in very good spirits today and was so happy to see us. She has another dose of chemo Monday, initially they told her it would be every three weeks but it will have been a week since her last one. Her oncology doctor comes to the Harrisonville hospital once a week and she is going to be able to take her chemo treatments at the hospital here in town. I am so glad because I don't think she would have been able to make the trip to Kansas City and back for the treatment. That's about a 30-45 minute ride.

While we were there a friend from her church came by to see her. She was a lovely lady, her name was Wanda. It made Patty happy to see her, she was so surprised. Patty is sweetie and has a heart of gold. If you would like to send her a card she is at Golden Years Nursing home here in Harrisonville MO in Room 106. Her name is Pat Baldwin. If you're in town drop by and see her, tell her you are a friend of Terry and Glenda's. Her room is so drab, I plan to fix it up a little with things for her.

Will have some things to write about tomorrow I am sure. I am going to Lowry City to the annual Music on Main Street. It will be fun and will also be good. My friend Patsey is going with me, hope she doesn't get to bored. I doubt she will, there will be music and we both come from the era of loving music. I was talking to a cousin, Kay, and telling her that I would be there and Patsey would be with me. I said she isn't to bad, she was born in 56 and graduated in 74. Right there everything is going right for her. LOL. Patsey has been a friend of mine for quite sometime.

Well, I'm going to sign off. Not much to write about. Loving this fall like weather we've been having. Love, love, love fall in the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment