Got around this morning and went to my friend Janelle's house. She lives south of me, out in the country and she wanted me to see her new kitchen floor. We get together about once in like 2-3 months because her work schedule is so crazy. She works at the police department as a dispatcher here in Harrisonville so she works nights and such. Anyway she made apple butter coffee cake that had just gotten out of the oven and it was warm with a cup of coffee. It was so nice to just sit on her deck in the country, drinking coffee and eating the warm coffee cake. No pressure, just visiting, laughing and reminiscing. It was a good time and cannot wait for my next visit.
This picture is done with the fine art of Quilling. I have a friend that is a quiller and it is so cool to see some of her work. I had never heard of it until she started doing it. She would sell her homemade jams and jellies and quill designs on the jars.
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Arts in Kansas City is holding a free workshop on Friday, Sept. 28 at 5pm to learn quilling. It will be led by the Kansas City Art Institute students with all supplies supplied and people of all ages are welcome. I really wish I could be there to learn but unfortunately, Friday night @ 5pm just isn't going to work out.
I'm watching a PBS documentary called, "The Day Carl Sandburg died" Sounded like it would be good when I saw the previews for it this afternoon. I didn't realize he was such an advocate for women's rights and was such a liberal. Very interesting so far. Going to let you go and listen to it. Plus it is getting late and I will be getting up early to go to Columbia MO for work. Will write more tomorrow night. Good night.
When I retire and sell everything I'm thinking about hooking this baby up to the back of my Ford Focus and live around the country or move it down to the lake and park it somewhere and live out of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment