Can we say crazy day? Yes we can, because I just did. Sometimes I wonder why I am so dingy but oh well, as I tell Terry, ya gotta love me. I have always been the person that loses their car keys, phone, leaves her purse at the restaurant, forgets how she gets out onto the street from a parking lot and ends up going the opposite direction then I should. I tell them at work, I am direction illiterate and don't know my north from my south or my east from my west. Tell me to turn right or left and I am all over it sometimes, except for the time I am telling someone how to get somewhere and I am sitting in the car with them when they are driving and I point left and tell them to turn right. Yeah, that's me. Miss Ding Dong Bell.
Today didn't prove to be much better. Let me see, where do I start? Work, it was okay, nothing to crazy happened there, just trying to get stuff done from being out of the office for a week. That can always be nuts.
Can't remember if I told you or not but last night my smoke detector was chirping away when I got home because the battery was dead. I unplugged the detector and set it on the counter with the dead battery for the maintenance man to replace today. I got home after 5 and when I opened the front door I could hear a steady staggering beep coming from the bedroom. I threw my keys and purse on the counter, read the note the maintenance man left that he finished his job and went into the bedroom and saw that the smoke detector now was not chirping but making an obnoxious steady sound. I went to the kitchen and could not find my phone in my purse. After dumping it out on the counter I decided to go back out to the car to see if I had forgotten it out there and sure enough, there it was. As I was walking up the steps of the apartment I proceeded to call the apartment office to report that the maintenance man had not done his job as he said he did. I came into the apartment and as I was talking to her I held my phone up close to the alarm so she could hear it. She put me on hold and said she would be right back, I was so ticked because I didn't want to climb back up on a chair to take it down again. Then, all of a sudden I was like, wait a minute. That isn't coming from the smoke detector. I looked across the room and my alarm clock was going off, I had forgotten to shut it off this morning and it came back on at 5pm. She came back on to apologize and I told her that I was the one that was sorry. It was my alarm clock. Thank goodness she had a sense of humor because she laughed and said not a problem.
Then I come into the kitchen to turn on the oven to fix supper and decided to turn on the evening news. I haven't listened to it for a while and knew that Andy Williams had passed away. When I turned the TV on I just had a blue screen that said VIDEO2. No sound, no picture, nothing. I was like CRAP, what now?? After I put supper in the oven and sat down I turned on my computer to make sure I had internet and I did. Since cable and internet is through the same company I called the internet people. After sitting there and going through all the prompts with the automated voice (which took about 5 minutes that seemed like a half an hour) I found out they had closed 15 minutes ago. I was like CRAP-OLA!! Then it dawned on me, my cable is free with the apartment, I don't have to pay for cable. Can we way DA? So anyway I went over to the TV, did my little troubleshooting skills that I know and the TV came back on. Messing with all that I missed the world news though. Son of a biscuit eater. I decided to just sit in the recliner and do nothing else tonight. I'm dangerous. :o)
So close to retirement but closer to vacation. Can't wait to get away for a little while, even though it's going to be for three days it will be nice to get away. Josh is going to take care of Lamar for us and the cats, even though they don't need taking care of. Not sure who's going to take care of Josh. LOL.
Hoping tomorrow won't be as stressful as today was. It wasn't really stressful, just annoying I guess. Anyway, I will talk to you guys tomorrow and hopefully it will rain again like it did last night and this morning. Really nice, I love the rain. Good night all.
RIP Andy. My mama loved him and every time he'd finish singing she'd look over at me and say, "Wasn't the beautiful?" Yes it was mama, such a sad day for so many. Andy was a wonderful man.
No comments:
Post a Comment