My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall is in the air

Got up early this morning and headed to Columbia MO from Harrisonville, that takes about 2 hours to drive. I worked with 3 other co-workers on revisions to some procedures we have for our forms. We are almost done and it will be nice to be completed. Then I got in my car and drove another 3 hours to Springfield. One thing about it, it was a pretty drive.

The day has been stormy, hot, humid and lots of lightening when it would rain. North of us are suppose to be getting some bad storms but don't think we are. When I drove over the Missouri River, both before I got to Columbia and when I got to Jefferson City, I couldn't believe how low it has gotten. We need some rain so bad, not flooding but the rivers, creeks and ponds need filled up. I was surprised at the tree's and how pretty they are turning. I figured we wouldn't have any color after such a drought and after some of the tree's died. My friend Janelle, her apple tree was loaded with apples and that surprised me too. I didn't figure we'd have any apples or pears.

Today as I was driving I was thinking I need to get my camera out and start taking pictures again. I am not the best photographer but I love to take pictures. I hope Brandon remembered to take his camera over to China with him, I think he did. He will be able to take some beautiful pictures. I heard April was beautiful over there because of the cherry blossoms or something like that. I wish we could go over and see him but don't know if we will be able to afford it. Lots has been going out lately and seems like more and more each time.

Well, I am going to sign off. When I got to the apartment tonight my fire alarm in my bedroom was chirping. I took the battery out and it continued to chirp, even without a ticker. Terry's nephew in Texas told me to unplug it from the wires and walla. It worked, I was so glad because I didn't know how in the heck I was going to be able to sleep with that going on. I will not have a problem tonight though, I am tired and no chirping. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment