I have been sitting here this evening thinking about the events that happened this weekend and was wondering. When a person shoots and kills someone else do they feel remorseful? Or do they just go on with their life as if they had just killed a mouse in a mousetrap? Do they just go and grab something to eat or drink afterwards like it was just a normal Saturday evening? Do they go home to their families like nothing out of the ordinary has happened? Or are they constantly looking over their shoulders, hoping that they don't get caught? Do they have a plan on how they are going to get away if the authorities come knocking on their door? Or do they go on the run, trying to get as far away from the act that they can? Do they worry that someone may have seen them, since the act happened at 9:30pm on a Saturday night in a nice neighborhood?
I have been in a strange mood all day today. I know some of it is because of this mindless act that took a kind, good, young human life. Some of it is because I hate seeing my son hurt and others from our community that grew up with Blaine. Some of it is because Brandon is leaving in 2 days and we won't see him for a year. I am so thankful that he isn't going to a war torn, third world country. He is going somewhere that they are going to meet him and welcome him into the place he is going. It still is going to be tough not seeing him for a year though. I hate seeing my husband worry about Brandon leaving. And I wonder why I am in a weird mood.
The last two nights I have had some really bizarre dreams and am hoping tonight is a dream free night. I wonder what makes us dream and what the interpretation is of the ones I had. I had a co-worker that would interpret my dreams and I loved it. It was very entertaining. That might be a fun class to take sometime. Someone will probably tell me that dream interpretation is something like cult stuff or something. Whatever.
Good Clint Eastwood movie coming up "Trouble with the Curve". May have to see that one but not until after I see the Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones movie. Really wish Clint hadn't talked to that empty chair at the Republican Convention. Guess it was pretty bad and made him sound like a blubbering idiot. Oh well.
Well, I'm getting off here. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Always is.
No comments:
Post a Comment