Have I told you guys how much I love fall? Of course I like to call it by it's other name though. That serves it so much better...Autumn. I know someone whose name is Autumn, Autumn Grimm. She works for Dept of Health as an Epi Specialist and I always thought, what a cool name. She's pretty cool too.
I am back in Branson for a couple of days, like I wanted to whine about yesterday but of course I was going to refrain from whining last night, even though I wanted to. Of course made for a short news night there. I woke up this morning, looked out the window and there was a haze over the tree tops. I am on the 4th floor and the view is absolutely gorgeous. The hotel is right next to the Payne Stewart Golf Club which is a very pretty area. It's about a mile from the shopping area on Branson Hills Parkway. I thought I'd never find it last night and thought it was way out in the north forty, but it really isn't. Rooms are nice, breakfast was okay. Hotel breakfasts have a little to be desired. Same ole, same ole, no matter where you go. Cereal, Waffles, eggs, oatmeal, bagels, yogurt, juice, coffee. What more do you need and it's included so there ya go. Got one more night here in the hotel and then head home. Can't wait.
Talked to Terry last night, Patty had a bad day yesterday. I so hate hearing that. She just keeps losing weight because she doesn't feel like eating. She said the chemo makes her feel better but a couple days later is the worse for her. Please keep remembering Terry, Patty, Sheila and Patty's daughter Monica in your prayers. Monica is having a hard time dealing with this and is dealing with feelings of rejection and hate. She really needs our prayers now. She is Patty's only child and no matter what, that's her mama. I remember the feelings I had when my mom passed away and I was in my 40's, Monica is in her 30's with three small children alone.
You know, one time I was watching this TV show, I believe it was NYPD Blues. I loved Jimmie Smits on there, had one of those actor crushes and all. Anyway someone was dying on the show, I think it might have been him but I can't remember. The priest was standing there talking to the ones that were around the person dying and he goes, "There's a lot worse things in life than death." That is so true and I have used that very statement many a time. One thing about it, we all know exactly where Patty is going and God loves her so. It is time for her to start her journey home, but there is something that needs to be completed here on earth before it is time for her to go home. Not sure what it is and of course He never gives me His game plan. Even though if He would I am sure I could make everything better. LOL. My prayers are that "His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." I can't wait to get home in Harrisonville this weekend and go out and see her. We bring Lamar and her eyes light up so. Lamar gets excited too, everyone loves everyone so!
First day of conference was really good. If nothing else the networking skills you receive is worth more than anything else. No matter if you work as a cook at a Head Start, a waitress at a restaurant, school cafeteria, a secretary or a corporate lawyer, it is all about the networking. That is the only way you are going to make it in the world, or to move on up if that is the plan in your career. The more people you know the better off you are going to be. Educate yourself with what is out there in your job, no matter what it is. Believe me if you don't believe anything else I have to say.
Went out to eat after the conference with someone that works in our Bureau, but we don't work together that much so this gave us both an opportunity to get to know each other. She is such an awesome lady and does some awesome work within the Faith Community, African American women and Aging population. She educated me on some areas that I never even thought about. I look forward to getting to know her better , really enjoyed supper with her. We ate at the Landing here in Branson at the the Black Oak Grill. The food was fabulous and so was the atmosphere. Had a couple of sip and flip Margaritas. If you have never experienced them and are in Branson, check it out. The waiter was really good too, very attentive. Will go back, it's a fo shore!
Well, this is about it. Go home tomorrow. Can't wait because I miss my husband and my kitties and my puppy and my son. Love my family, just wish Brandon was back but he will be back before we know it. Talk to you later everyone and remember....love ya!



No comments:
Post a Comment