My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, September 29, 2012

GNO was the best!!!

Tonight was great. Girl's Night Out (GNO) with a bunch of my good friends. There were ten of us and we went to a little restaurant outside of town. Good food, good friends, good times. Laughed till we couldn't laugh any more. We meet up every other month but hadn't been together for a while. It will probably be a couple of months before we meet again but like I said, it is great. Our little waitress was great and took really good care of us.

Went out and saw Patty today. She is getting weaker and you can barely understand her when she talks. She still isn't eating enough and going to the bathroom wears her out. So sad to watch.

You know, I was going to work the other day with the radio on and the DJ's were asking if we knew what the number one shoplifted item is. They let several callers guess but no one figured it out. I couldn't believe the answer but it is diabetic strips. I am like, that doesn't surprise me though. Everyone knows that IV drug use is one of the ways HIV can be transmitted along with tattoo's and such. Well, senior citizens can get HIV this same way. You laugh and say, IV Drug use isn't something that is relevant in that population. No, you are right, but they are sharing insulin needles. There has got to be an answer to health care and the price. When you are on a fixed income as these individuals are, there has to be a way that they can afford necessities like this in their medical care.

Like I said before and I am going to mention again. I am not telling this stuff to scare you guys, I am telling you so you will open your eyes and realize that there is a problem out there. HIV IS NOT a gay man's disease anymore. It is a disease that affects us all. It doesn't care about color of skin, age, sex, how much money you make, who you are or who you think you are. There are over 30 STD's out there and anything that starts with an H, there is not a cure for. Please take care of yourselves and educate all around you.

Heading to bed, had a good night and tomorrow will be good too. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment