My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Look out!!! It's almost here!!!

Ran over to the library today at lunch because I had a book on hold and it was in. While I was there I skimmed over their books, seeing if there was another one I wanted. This library is a very small library in Springfield on the square but I really like it. I order books from the other library's and all I have to do is walk across the street and pick it up. Anyway, while I was skimming through the books I saw Gregg Allman's book, "My Cross to Bear". I have been meaning to read it but forgot about it once I heard about it, that is the way I roll. So, I checked it out and tonight when I got home I opened it up and started reading, all I can say is wow. Good book. Sometimes it takes me a while to get into a book but this one is good. Of course I like these books. I have read several, Lauren Bacall's, George Burns, to name the only one's I can think of off the top of my head. Think I am going to be able to get three books in this year even though I got a late start reading. I finished "Winter's Bone" a couple weeks ago and now have picked this one up.

Talked to Terry tonight. I knew his sister Patty was coming to the nursing home today and wanted to find out how everything went. Terry sounded really good, he said Patty was in really good spirits. Her friends from the housing in Drexel were coming up to see her tonight. Terry had ran and picked her up a nightgown and some anklets. He said she needed a robe. He couldn't find any but I know they have them somewhere. I told him there was a clothing store in Harrisonville called Cato's and they probably had one. He thought I said Potatoes. LOL. We had a good laugh over that. I told him when I get home Friday we will go and look for her one. The doctor's told her today that the cancer is stage 4. Lots and lots of prayers everyone, please.

Terry said the nurses at Research had pitched in and bought Patty a really nice outfit to wear when she left the hospital. He said she looked so nice. When Patty first went into the hospital a nurse had asked Patty if there was anything she wanted and she said some root beer. The nurse went out and bought Patty a six pack of A & W that night for her and today had another six pack for her to take to the nursing home. When she got to the nursing home the nurses asked her if there was anything she was hungry for. She said yes, polish sausage and cottage cheese. Terry said when he left her she was eating polish sausage and cottage cheese with a class of root beer. LOL. There are so many nice people in the world today and those that are in service career's are definitely in it because they love it. I want to say a prayer for these people that have touched her in such a way today.

Received another text from Brandon yesterday. He needed me to let his dad know that he had sent him a message and that he was wiring some money to put in his account. He started the text out with "Nihao". I asked him if that meant hello and he said yes. I sent him one today with Nihao also but he didn't respond. I am sure he is getting ready for his classes that start on Monday. Can't wait to hear about them. He is going to send us his address and I already have a goodie box packed up for him with the items he wanted us to ship to him.

The day went really well. Got a lot of paper work done and the arrogant egotistical man from yesterday, yeah he doesn't have syphilis. It came back negative. The nurse at the county health department said she'd tell him, good. I didn't want to talk to him again. I want to talk to people that do not think they are all that and then some!!!

Well, I am going to get off here and read some more on my book. I also got a book about WordPress. I have got to get off my duff and do more on this blog then what I have done. I am getting so bored with it. If nothing else, I believe I have improved on my writing skills. I need to find something to write about that is theme based but I have close to 40 followers now and all I'm talking about is me and whatever comes to mind. There ya go, you guys are easily entertained. I will talk to you more tomorrow night.

Fall is ten days away!

With that said...

No comments:

Post a Comment