My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Stress Less

I'm always surprised at the people that come up to me and say, "I read your blogs and really enjoy them." I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, maybe I should try a little harder on them." I don't do anything great and I am a little bored with them at times. I checked the book out at the library "WordPress for Dummies" and need to check it back in. I haven't done anything with it except I did download WordPress. I think it will make all this layout and design better. I don't know. Not sure why I don't just get it done but it seems like I get home at night and the only thing I want to do is write in here and mess on Facebook. I need to stop being so lazy. LOL

Terry and I went to Grandview this afternoon. They were having their 9th Annual festival, "Music on Main". At 3:30 a band called Liverpool, a tribute to the Beatles, were playing. Terry and I love our music and Terry loves the Beatles!!! Anyway, once we found out about it we went that direction and I am so glad we did. It was a nice day today, in the 70's, no humidity and a nice breeze blowing, very relaxing. The band was good, we have seen several tribute bands, but this one wasn't the best just not bad. We enjoyed watching the crowd too, sometimes that can be the most entertainment around. It amazed me the diverse age and group of people there. There was a grandma that was probably in her 70's, maybe early 80's, walker and all, tapping her foot and singing along with the lyrics. There was this young couple, probably in their teen years that looked like hippies from our era. Cuter than cute and they were dancing to the songs singing the lyrics to each other not missing a word. My favorite was this little boy, he had to be around 4. He was with his grandpa, sitting on his lap. All of a sudden he jumps off grandpa's lap and whips out his air guitar. Standing as still as still can be, strumming on that guitar banging his head to the beat, not missing a beat. He was so serious and so dang cute. Grandpa was pretty proud of him too.

Liverpool was done and we were going to stay but sitting in the sun on the asphalt was hot. We decided to go ahead and leave, but of course not until I get my festival drug of choice. Kettle Korn. I love that stuff. As we were leaving there were a couple of sky divers leaving a smoke trail in the sky above the event. It was pretty cool too. If we could of made it I would of liked to stay and listen to the Eagles tribute band "7 Bridges Road", I didn't want to stick around though. Next year we will come better prepared. Plus we were both ready to get back to the truck where we could cool off.

Terry's sister, Patty is leaving the hospital Monday and will be placed in Golden Years. They have given her 6 months but like mom says, "That's one man's opinion." They have called Hospice in and we will go see her too. I told Terry I would spend time with her on the weekends. They have found cancer on her other lung now. If you are just now reading this we found out she has liver and lung cancer. She has been very sick and they couldn't figure out what was going on. She is a breast cancer survivor from a few years ago. Remember Terry, his sister Sheila and Patty in your prayers. It's tough. Patty also has a daughter Monica. Please remember her too.

Blaine's funeral was today. I was going to go with Josh but his buddy was coming by to pick him up so I decided not to go. The magnitude of people last night told me there was way to many people there. I will sit down and send a card to Molly, his grandma, and Diane, his mama, next week or so. I am sure they are getting so many cards right now and people stopping by. So sad but like I posted on Facebook today,

"Sometimes it's hard to keep believing
In what you can't see
That everything happens for a reason
Even the worst life brings
If you're reaching for an answer
And you don't know what to pray
Just open up the pages
Let His word be your strength"

Blaine is fine. We all know exactly where he is tonight and the rest of our lives, it's us that are hurting. We are the one's sad, we are going to miss him but we have to keep doing what he did.

Tomorrow is church. I really enjoy going and I am not sure if it is because it is a new chapter in my life and I am meeting new people or that I can walk to the services. I plan to start their Sunday study next Sunday. Pastor Scott is starting a 4 week "Discipleship Pathway." Then after that there will be a church-wide study,"Treasure of the Transformed Life". It is material that will take a deeper study into the UM understanding of the importance of prayer with God, worship, gifts and serving our God, and telling the story of Jesus. It should be good. Plus, like I said, all I have to do is walk across the yard to church. That's nice too. I can be lazy. :o)

Well, my attitude is better tonight. I slept like a baby last night and woke up so rested. It was nice. I told Terry I probably snored like a lumberjack but he denied it. Either it wasn't as bad as other nights or he is just being nice. I expect he's just being nice. LOL.

Going to get off here. Love you guys and thank you for the thoughts and concerns of my "frump". Knowing some of you the way I do you probably lifted me up in prayer but that's all good. That's what it's about. Anyway, will write more tomorrow and love you all.

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties: You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.” - Phyllis Bottome

No comments:

Post a Comment