Got up this morning and enjoyed my morning coffee with my friend Patsey. She headed out to other adventures this morning and will be back tomorrow for Sunday dinner. It has been so nice seeing her and visiting with her. She is starting a new adventure in her life and it is so scary but she is going to rock because that is the way she is. She has such strong support here in Missouri and this is where she needs to be!!! Can't wait to see her tomorrow.
Waited around for Josh and he finally came up and we ran to Lee's Summit to get some things done that needed to be done. Of course we can't do anything until Monday morning. He has been working on his truck, getting it ready for the adventure he has started. He is now in the MillWright Union, starting last Wednesday, and I am so proud of him. He loves his job and this adventure is going to be a very positive career for him as long as he keeps his head and doesn't do anything else stupid. He seems to be growing up at times and then BAM!!! He does something stupid. Prayers is all I can ask, wisdom for both him and I.
While we were in Lee's Summit we ran over to Salvation Army Thrift Store. He needs to find long sleeve shirts to work in and all he has is winter ones. He found a really nice Key denim work shirt for $3. Told him that is what it's all about, going to thrift stores and finding awesome buys for practically nothing. I'll have to keep an eye out when I hit the stores too.
We then ran to "Five Guys" and ate one of the most awesome hamburgers you have ever sank your teeth into. I love their burgers. It is a chain here in KC area but not sure if it is all over or not. You have got to check them out. I am not to crazy about homemade french fries so I don't order them but Josh did. I ate a few and they were good but the burger was so big it filled me up. Of course the handful of peanuts in the shell I munched on before we got our burgers filled me up too.
When I got home I asked Terry if he wanted to run down by Rockville MO with me so I can pick up some Rice Bran Oil and a few spices I have been out of. He said sure, he didn't have a clue to what he had in store. It was such a nice drive, just to get out of the house. We both love just going on a drive. This place is called, "Down Home Butcher Shop & Spice Store Plus". He has about every spice, rubs, marinade, and several specialties. It is so worth the trip. When you get there you wonder what the heck your getting into and then walk through the doors and you are in the mecca of spices and such. The business card says "Home of over 10,000 spices". The address is 4465 NW 1001 Road, Rockville MO 64780. No hours, the man that owns it lives there. He's always open. Gotta check it out people.
Well, gotta go. Late and I'm tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow sometime.
So glad you really had a great day Glenda and so glad, really glad you knew Esther's name....HA!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat does one do with Rice Bran Oil? Never heard of it until now.
ReplyDelete