My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Monday, July 16, 2012

Friends

Did something today, not sure what compelled me to do so but glad I did. First I called a dear friend of mine, Dee. We roomed together for about a year before I moved in with Terry. She was a lifesaver for me and we became really good friends. We have been busy with our lives and haven't seen each other for about a year but are still in each others hearts and thoughts. I am going to make an attempt to at least visit with her once a month. She is a good, good friend and like she always likes to say, "it's a hoot and a hollar" when we get together.

Then I got ready to come to Jefferson City, drove through Garden City on my way down and stopped by to see another dear friend and we can't even remember the last time we saw each other. Probably a couple of years ago. No reason, just busy. It was so good visiting with Alicia too. Her daughter Destiny is selling Sonic cards so I am going to run down there Friday to buy one from Destiny. Her family was another wonderful refuge for me to get away from the unhappy life I was in. I could just walk down to her house anytime of the day needed to just get away from the craziness and sadness I had subjected myself into. I love Alicia and Bill and should be shot for not keeping in touch with them but like with Dee. I am going to make an attempt to keep in contact with them more too.

Why do we do this to ourselves. I should have learned when I hadn't seen one of my good friends for over a year. I went by and visited with her for a short time after not seeing her for so long. It was so good to see her and I told her I was going to make an attempt to come see her more. Less then a month later I went to a tractor pull in Garden City and my son and his best friend came up to me and told me Michelle had been killed in a head on collision that day. My heart fell to the pit of my stomach. You know that hand you can hold up and count your very best, sister, girlfriends. She was the one on that hand. I don't have many that share that hand and it kills me to loose a friend like that.

I need to take care of myself and my friends. I have a vast array of friends in my life and some I have not seen forever. I am going to work on this this year. We don't know how long we have on this earth and should make the best of it. I'm not sure what has brought me to these thoughts tonight but I am feeling very melancholy. Again, not sure why, just am.

One of my friends, Carole, had to put her best friend to sleep today. Her beagle Beatrice. I am not sure how old she was but it was way over 10. Bea and Carole would argue like a mother and her child. I am sad for Carole and everyone that Bea touched . Our dogs are our family. If you haven't had one you don't know what you are missing. A pet makes you whole. Sometimes they can be a pain but they are your pain and no one else's. I know how I will feel when our pets leave us, just as I have felt in the past when my pets moved on. Sad.

Well, I am going to get off here. Love you guys and make the most out of your life you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment