Day was good but busy. I can't say I have really been outside all day long. Did let Lamar out a couple of times but to go anywhere, no. Didn't do it. It is hot out, I know and I really, really need to water my plants and am not feeling that so much either. Oh well, going to have to suck it up.
Have been asked what you use Rice Bran Oil for and that they haven't ever heard of it. It is quite expensive in the grocery store if you can even find it and I came across it at the little store in the country I was talking about yesterday. It is like canola oil but healthier. Plus you can heat it at higher temperatures and it won't smoke and burn. It makes fabulous fried chicken. It has like a 490* Smoke Point and you can also use it as a salad oil. The label says, "Research has shown the nutritional properties of rice bran oil may lower LDL cholesterol levels without lowering HDL, the good cholesterol. It is a good source of gamma oryzanol, antioxidants and vitamin E Complex." They have a website at Rice Bran Oil
I told Terry we sure had a house full today. I made Fried Chicken, Biscuits, Baked Beans, Deviled Eggs, Zucchini and Eggplant sauteed in butter with onions and garlic, raw cauliflower; sliced red pepper; sliced green pepper; baby carrots; and sweet tea. Patsey came by and ate before heading home and afterwards she ate a piece of sugar free strawberry pie with sugar free cool whip. It was all so good. Then our friend came by with a flat of some of the best fresh tomatoes. I sent Patsey home with some and then my girlfriend Nadine came by and sent her home with tomatoes too. It is so nice having everyone coming by.
I am sickened and saddened by the shooting in Aurora but I am getting tired hearing about it. I know for the next few days that is all the news media is going to have on their channels. Reporters interviewing survivors and asking questions that are so inappropriate. I loved a quote by Bill Maher, "I haven't had time to stop hating the last trigger happy asshole in the news before the new one came along."
Well, I guess we are going to watch a movie, not sure. We've tried to watch it several times. 21 Jump Street. I will talk to you tomorrow everyone.

Sounds as though you had a busy day and really enjoyed it! NIce to know abt the rice oil. We use canola oil now so nice to know that the rice oil decreases the LDL....
ReplyDelete