I have been in St. Louis the last two days and have to say I absolutely love downtown St. Louis. We are staying at the Drury Inn on the Convention Plaza and it is really a nice place. The Cardinals are in town so the hotel is full with families, Dodgers fans and Cardinals fans.
Last night I went to an Irish pub and met two fellow St. Louis co-workers that no longer work for our Bureau. One retired and the other one moved on to other venues and is a physical therapist. It was so good to see them and catch up on everything. Vonda is a hoot and a hollar and we have so much history together with meetings. Marge is a sweetheart and we usually drug her around with us at some points. I miss those two but like I said, it was so good to catch back up with them. Like I said in one of my later posts, it is nice to catch up with old friends when you haven't seen them for a while.
Tonight after the meeting 5 of us met in the lobby of the hotel for appetizers and drinks before we went to a Sushi Bar. I have never been to an actual Sushi restaurant or bar. 3 of them helped myself and the other one with the ordering because we didn't know what we wanted. Sushi doesn't always mean it is raw, there is cooked, smoked and fried foods in Sushi. It was delicious. I have to say I am a fan, even had a Seaweed Salad. I know some of you are going to say, "OMG, SEAWEED SALAD???" Well, if you like greens or salads you will like this salad. I loved the dressing. They wouldn't let us eat with anything but chopsticks and I have to tell you, after a while I got quite good at it. Of course they had ordered Sake for us to drink so after a few of those I was getting pretty good at everything!!! LOL.
Well, tomorrow is my last day here. Like I said, it has been good but wow. I have alot of work to get caught back up on but it will be okay. Was going to work on it tonight but to much Sake to care. LOL. I will talk to you guys tomorrow night and maybe a little more interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment