As I am sitting here watching The Walton's rerun and thinking about Andy Griffith passing away, it makes me wonder, what has happened to good TV shows? When did we lose the need to sit and watch wholesomeness, shows with decent values and morals that we should live by. Yes John Walton wouldn't go to church on Sunday's with the family and Grandpa liked to take a nip or two at the Baldwin Sister's still that papa had left them but it was okay. Aunt Bea always had a meal fixed for Andy when he would get home from work and would worry about Opie and the way Andy would raise him.
I love those old shows as much as I love the movies that pattern themselves with these same morals and values. Secondhand Lions is one of my all time favorite movies that would watch over and over if I could. If you have never watched it you should make a point of it. Good, good movie.
Got on that little spiel because I am so sick and tired of reality TV shows. Oh well, with nothing on TV tonight I walked down to the fitness center and walked 20 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical. Total of 3 miles so all was good. Walked down there and walked back. Took a little while to get my wind back but I feel pretty dang good tonight. Was able to get a shirt on today that had been a little tight on me before so was glad about that, plus my pants were looser than normal and shorts tonight was easier to get on. My friend at work said she could see where I'd lost but I don't see it yet. Scales say 10 pounds but sometimes inches say more than the scale.
Stayed down here Springfield this week. Holiday on Wednesday messes everyone up. Put a roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots. It was pretty good. Once I get most of the food ate that I have I am going to buy more fish. I love fresh fish.
Well, I'm going to sign off. You guys have a good 4th tomorrow and I will write you tomorrow night.
I posted this on my Facebook page tonight and someone brought up that this pinwheel has 13 points to represent each of the original 13 colonies. How cool is that???

No comments:
Post a Comment