Today made me so ready for Spring. We had 75* weather, even though it was nice it had an erie feeling to it also. Like what Spring feels like when you could expect severe storms. I tried not to think to much into that direction though. At least down here in Springfield I have good protection in the apartment and at home also. Tornadoes scare me, I was in one once when I lived in Indianapolis. Oh well, I lived to tell of it and learned to respect them.
Anyway, took Lamar out once today to check the temp and we went over to the east side of the house where I have cleaned the iris' out. The Easter lilies, aka Jonquils, are coming up. The flower bed was so full of iris' that I wasn't sure where or how many jonquils we had. I will let them bloom and then dig them up and replant them. I want to put my garden on that side of the house. I won't plant a bunch of stuff yet. Mainly, red peppers, tomatoes, corn, spinach, cucumbers and not sure what else. I am going to do the square foot gardening I have been researching out the last couple of years. I loved the huge garden that I had in Garden City. I love growing garden, the veggies are so good. I am also going to start my plants by seeds. I have done it in the past but not seriously, if that makes sense. I get so dang mad when I go to buy my plant starts and they are so expensive. Plus I know where they come from, I am planting organic and heirloom seeds. Thank you my friend Annie Albright for giving me all these links, seed catalogs and such. I'll give you her link again, that is if you want a treat look up her site. Bright Hope Farm
Well, enough is enough. Found out last week that the library here in town has WordPress for tutorials to learn the program. I was so excited and went tonight to learn some things. I was like "Rock On" and then remembered that my computer is on the fritz. I am taking it in tomorrow. Can't wait.
Whelp, getting off of here. Hopefully tomorrow will be more newsworthy than tonight was. Love you guys and have a good one!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment