My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Love me some Santana

Okay, weird weather. Yesterday it was 61* and today it has been snowing, sleeting and we are to be getting at least 2 inches. Terry has been in Garden City all day at the American Legion preparing for the ham and bean supper they are having. I ended up baking 4 pans of cornbread. I'm thinking they probably are going to have enough but Terry wanted to make sure. I worry when the roads are said to be bad and he probably won't be coming home until around 8. Josh tells me to quit worrying, he's a big boy but you know how it is.

I did run to the grocery store today. We had nothing healthy so I bought fresh fruits and vegetables. I made a kick ass tomato soup today though. Might need to tweek it a little more but not sure. Anyway, here is what I did:

  • 2 pounds of roma tomatoes
  • About 3 big cloves of garlic
  • 1 medium onion
  • red bell pepper
  • granny smith apple

  • Cut everything up and put on a pan. Drizzle oil and put lots of basil over the vegatables. I didn't do anything with the apple's and roasted all in a 350* oven until done. Then put in my food processor, adding chicken broth in while pureeing the heck out of it. Man, it was a good hearty soup and skinny friendly.

    Well, don't really know anything tonight. Josh and I are just sitting here watching free movies on Directv, I think it is Starz and Cinemax. Anyway, can't wait for Terry to get home. Will talk to you guys tomorrow and have a good evening.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment