My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seafood 101

Didja guys miss me??? Well, the last few nights have been crazy. Tonight I didn't get home until around 9pm, which is late for me. I am usually kicked back in the recliner, sporting one of my fanciest baggy t shirts and messing on Facebook or this blog by 6pm. Not tonight, I went to a local grocery store, well maybe not local but it was Hy-Vee. They had a cooking class tonight, called Seafood 101. Was it not fun and so very good. In my opinion you can not beat fresh seafood. No matter where you are. Anyway, went with a couple of friends from work and enjoyed myself immensly. What was even better, it was a free class. We are going to be going to more in the future. We had a blast.

Got a phone call from my favorite little lady in the entire world. Miss Madison Huey. I was getting ready to go to a late night home visit and had to cut our conversation off short. :o( She is selling Girl Scout cookies so if anyone wants some let me know, I can stock you up. She'd already hit Grandpa up and then called me to see if I wanted to add a little on that order. LOL. Of course I did. She is having a birthday this next month and I already have her Valentine's bought. Grandpa always gets her the candy that she loves so much. The biggest suckers and candy bar that money can buy. He cracks me up. For her birthday I have another excursion planned and cannot wait to have it with her. Can't tell you guys until after it's over because someone would probably tell her and I want it to be a surprise.

I went for the second interview for the position I had applied for but after visiting with them I realized it wouldn't really be a good fit for me. To much sitting behind a desk and number crunching. I was hoping it would be more Health Educator position. I love doing that part of my job but am going to just stay where I am and do what I like doing. For now until something else comes up that I would be interested in. Doesn't hurt to keep all options open.

Weighed in yesterday and lost another pound. Lied to everyone, it isn't 7 pounds I have lost, it is 6. I know you don't really care but I am going to brag my little heart out with every ounce I losse. Last night I made spaghetti and meatballs with whole wheat past, turkey meatballs and ragu. The meatballs had a little to be desired, they were the frozen ones, but they weren't that bad. I do think next time I will just make homemade ones. Anything homemade is better anyway.

Talk to you guys later. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. It's pretty tough some days but I am trying to look at the good in the day, not the bad that has happened. Lots of good happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment