I am not sure if it is because we are getting warmer temps after a short stint of freezing temps, or that seed catalogs are starting to filter in or if I can't wait to retire and work in my flowers, yard, do a big garden and anything else I can think of to undertake but I so am wanting to get outside and start digging in the soil.
I saw a friend tonight at Margaret's family night that I hadn't seen in close to 27 years, maybe 26. She was a good, good friend of my ex-husband and his sister, Aunt Mary. Her and Mark are good people. I know that Mark got hurt working construction and when this happened to took the opportunity to go to college and learn a trade. He went and got a horticulture degree from SMS or MSU in Springfield MO. After graduating he started teaching at State Fair Community College in Sedalia as Horticulture instructor. Annie said that he is going to retire this May but planning on becoming the head of the Floriculture building at the State Fair. How cool is that but that isn't the end of the cool story of these two people.
A few years ago their son has in a bad 4-wheeler accident and Annie said she needed to stay at home instead of work out of the home. They live on a small hobby farm outside of Sedalia MO and opened up a farm called Bright Hope Farm. They have some awesome stuff going on there but don't let me tell you, go to their website Bright Hope Farm and see for yourself.
She was also telling me they are a host family for an organization that is called Worldwide Opportunities of Organic Farms called WWOOF. Another website I invite you to go check out. Totally awesome. Just click on WWOOF. Once you are at that site you can look up the ones in USA and then see the ones in your area. I was really interested and loved looking at it. Yes, now I am ate up and cannot wait to go out and see Mark and Annie's place. Oh and also Annie has her farm on Facebook and if you are a Facebook addict like myself just go to her page at Bright Hope Farm and "like" it. She said there is another one on there but her's is located in Hughesville MO.
I'm heading outta her. I'm all pumped and gotta look up some other stuff within the field I love. Growing stuff. :o) Later.

No comments:
Post a Comment