Sitting here with a remote on each side, Iphone close by as well. Just finished up a supper of the homemade roasted tomato/basil soup that I made on Saturday, baked a sweet potato and had that, ate a hard boiled egg, part of a big dill pickle and pineapple greek yogurt... yep that was supper. Was it good, I thought so. Was it healthy, yes it was.
I am getting ready to watch my Monday night lineup of shows that I love to watch every Monday night. Will probably watch it and instant message my friend in Kansas City as we laugh and watch Mike and Molly together. Big Bang Theory is on tonight too, which is another show we love to watch together.
Today I was looking at seed catalogs and getting into the mood for planting season, just around the corner. Reading up on GMO and organic seeds and thinking about going that direction. Also looking at fruit trees, wanting to plant a Granny Smith apple tree and a freestone Peach tree and also a pear tree for canning and preserving fruit for the season. Thinking about not only the healthy values but also saving on the grocery bill. Will keep adding more and more to our landscape to where a garden is what we will have. Terry doesn't know to much about growing and gardening but I do and I love it. Herbs, flowers, vegetables, fruits. We have the area that can be used. It will help both of us out.
As I set here at my computer in Springfield and we have a house in Harrisonville writing about the things I have done today, I realize how lucky I am, not to meantion my family that I have and love. I also have friends that I am very close to and could call any of them at any time and they would help me out if they can.
So when you start feeling sorry for yourself and think no one loves you take a look at the big picture. Do you have a roof over your head, do you have heat, do you have food in your stomach, do you love something or someone??? Then you are a very lucky person too.
Before I head off of here, one more thing. Did you know you can have laying hens to lay eggs without roosters? Roosters are to fertilize the eggs if you want chicks but you don't need a rooster for the hens to lay eggs. Was telling Patsey that yesterday and she didn't know that and everytime I bring it up many people don't. I wish I could have about 5 old laying hens to have fresh eggs but living in town, I am sure Harrisonville wouldn't get off on it.
Good Night people.
No comments:
Post a Comment