My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Personal Jesus

Well, Terry woke up this morning with the crud. Really bad sore throat and cough. We went to the VA and they gave him some medicine for the cough and said he has the crud. Hmm, me too except I didn't give him any medicine. Just cough drops but am glad we got something for the cough.

Got a long story but feel the need to tell you guys about a couple of things that happened to us today. I was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital and a gentleman comes out with a family that was leaving. When he got to the hall he asked them were a phone was. The lady said she didn't know but maybe in the lobby. So the gentleman walks down the hall towards the lobby, asking a couple more people where a phone was.

Then he comes back through and goes to the exit. Not 5 minutes passes by and he is back in the waiting room with me. Since I was the only one in there he sits at the seat right next to me. You could smell last nights liquor on his breath and he kept saying, I couldn't stay there. I asked him where he meant and he said home. I asked him if he had called the cab and he said yes. I then mentioned he might want to keep an eye out for the cab because they might leave without him. He goes, yeah your right and proceeded back to the exit again. Here he comes back like a boomerang and sets by me again. Sighing and saying man I hate this. Then he goes, you wouldn't have a couple bucks would you? I'm flat broke. I apologized and told him I had absolutely no cash on me which wasn't a lie.

He gets up and proceeds to ask other people in the hall if they had some spare change. Someone asked him what he needed it for and he said a cab. The guy said how much will it cost for the cab and he goes $4.00. The guy asked if he thought about taking the bus and he said no, he'd already called the cab. By this time a police officier came up to the guy and spoke with him very politely and gave him a couple of verbal warnings. The homeless guy asked if the police officer could take him home and the police officer asked where he lived. He lived over in KC Kansas and the officer politely told him no, he couldn't do that. Then the cabby comes in and asks for the gentleman by name and I asked if he was a cabby. He said yes and I said last I saw the guy he'd went that way talking to a policeman. The cabby goes, GREAT. I heard the cabby talk with the police officer and he took the cabby to the gentleman.

As they were walking out the cabby asked the man how he was going to pay for the cab. He said with a credit card. The cabby said, well we're going to run the card before we leave. I never saw the man again after that. I am not sure if the credit card was good and the cabby took him to his destination or if the guy ended up going to the bus stop. I was like, seriously this dude has a credit card that is good. Professional homeless man!!! But it was all okay. I visited with him and all.

There was another gentleman that was waiting to get into see the Dr. He said he had broncial stuff to someone on his cell phone. He was talking to this gentleman asking him if he minded to find a group to do the 21 gun salute. He proclaimed everything for the funeral was set up besides that. The gentleman had been in the service for like 45 years. He said he checked with Leavenworth but they don't do the salute anymore and just have a tape recording of the taps. If you have never been to a funeral where they do the salute and a live person does the taps, you do not know what true goosebumps are.

Then Terry and I went to Ryan's Cafeteria to eat in Belton. We were sitting there eating and a older man comes up to him and asked what service he was in. Terry said Navy and asked the gentleman what service he was in. He told him Navy also, said he went in 1950. The gentleman either had Alzheimer's or severe Dementia because he just kept asking Terry the same questions over and over and over. Him his wife and another couple their age was sitting at the table next to us. He had a military hat ball hat on just like Terry so you knew he was a Veteran. Terry and I got quite a smile out of it and we both mentioned, bless his heart.

You know, lots of events happened today for a reason. It made me love and respect mankind a little more, until I went to the grocery store when we got home. Then I had road rage. LOL. Not really but I hate Christmas crowds.

If you have bad things happening in your life look around because there is a lot of good happening at the same time. I am reading a book called, "The Maker's Diet" and one of the things the author says to do is when you look in the mirror look at the good you see. There is alot of good.

One more thing and then I will let you guys go. When we went to Ryan's the last time the cashier was telling us about the Veteran's discount after we had already paid for the Senior Citizen discount. I was eligible for it yet since it is for 60 but Terry told her I was about 60 if that counted. LOL. Well today as we were walking up to the cash register he told me, I don't think we'll be able to get that discount now because you look younger. That made me feel good because when I came in with this new do last night all he said was, man you did get red. :o) I love the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment