You know, we spent the last two days in a training and learned a lot, but there were a couple of things she said that hit close to home for me. Do the best you can at what you do, and if you aren't happy with your job, move on because we all need to fit in a place that makes us happy and shine. There is so much to those two statements. It seems like today has been a real eye opener for me.
I went with a friend from work today and we did chart audits for the Missouri Infertility Prevention Program at a couple of sites in my area. She has been in this position for two or three years but has been with our Bureau for 16, I believe. After receiving her Masters this fall she has been seeking positions that follow her heart with the Rural programs that help the under served. She found such a program with Social Services. Social Services actually sought her out because they felt she was the best fit for their position. She will be working through a grant with Social Services that is looking at the economics in the rural areas and find solutions. So to speak. Not really exactly what she told me but close.
I am so excited for Penny because she will make an impact and if this isn't where she needs to be, it will be a first step towards her goal. Penny is a good person, smart, funny and has the drive needed to get the job done. Like I said I am so excited for her. Her options are open.
While Penny and I were out Terry called and told me one of his good friends was killed in a horrific car wreck in the Garden City area this morning. I knew Jack too, I have known him for 27+ years. I know his daughter Jill, I knew his son, rented a house from his mom and dad when they were still alive. I know his sister Linda and she is going to miss her brother so much. Jack took care of her, she lives in the Senior Housing after both of their parents passed on and walks around town picking up trash and aluminum cans. My heart has dropped today and all I can think of is the sadness that is going through everyone's heart right now.
With these two things going on it made me think. Why do we let things stress us out? Why do we let work make us sick because our supervisor is never happy with what we do? Why? Life is way to short not to be happy. Why do we give up on our dreams when we were so adamant about it when it is fresh in our mind? Why do we not pursue what we want to do instead of what we are stuck with doing? Why can't we break away when we need to?
These are questions that have been going through my head and heart all day. I don't have the answers and I don't expect you to have the answers. It is just something I need to get off my heart.
Love you guys and be classy!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment