As Christmas is slowly coming to an end we are nearing the end of 2012 as well. This is the time that we start planning to change our lives to the better, usually our health lives. As I am sitting here and re-evaluating my life in general I can think of a number of things I would like to improve upon and hopefully I will make an attempt. Weight, taking care of myself mentally and physically, each month doing something for someone else that is above and beyond the call of duty along with many other things that will come up during the new year that I find as an opportunity to change my life to the positive. Not sure what, when, where or how but I am sure I will write about it when it happens.
I know one thing, I am planning on at least once a month treating myself to a full body massage. If you have never had one treat yourself to one. They are absolutely outstanding. Tomorrow I am going to go to the chiropractor and start on some treatments and am also going to make an appointment for a massage. A friend of mine, Dora, told me about an office here in Harrisonville that she really likes the chiropractor and massage therapist. Yep, I'm checking them out tomorrow. Am looking forward to this promise to my body.
I have a box of apples I bought from my cousin George's son Andy. FFA fruit and I am going to make a pot of homemade sugar free apple sauce today. Also want to make some crock pot apple butter sometime soon. I made the applesauce last year and absolutely loved it. Terry isn't that crazy about it and neither is Josh but I like it and my friend at work, Debbie does too. I'll make her some too. Mom use to always make fried apples which is another thing I love.
This has been a cooking kind of day. Josh and I have started the tradition of having Christmas breakfast so this morning I made homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes with bacon. Then I made a pot of chili and that is what we have been eating on all day. Thanksgiving is my big feast type of meal but Christmas has always been like this. When mom was alive we would meet over at my nieces house and usually have sandwiches or whatever. It all works. Traditions are whatever you make.
Getting off of here and will talk to you tomorrow. Take care and be careful.

No comments:
Post a Comment