I'm feeling a little guilty tonight. Applebee's had free meals for Veterans today but it was cold, wet and down right nasty outside so I told him I'd fix him his favorite meal if he wanted. Last year when we went to Applebee's the line and wait was so long we didn't even want to deal with it and went somewhere else. It's been a year and I can't remember where but know we did. He opted for the favorite meal but Golden Corral is having their free meals for Veterans tomorrow and that is his all time favorite restaurant in the world. My Vietnam Veteran husband is into volume food. LOL. So tomorrow we are setting out so he can get his free meal and he got one of his favorite meals today with leftovers for tonight. Homemade fried Chicken Strips, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, homemade macaroni and cheese (Josh threw that one in) and buttered corn with fresh brewed iced tea. Was going to make homemade chocolate chip cookies but Josh had ate all my chocolate chips and I was out of butter. And I ask myself why I can't lose weight. Can we say that was a carb filled lunch?
It was a good day. I never got out of the house once. It has been cold and rainy all day. I even laid down and took a nap this afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good tonight, I'm thinking I will be glad when this retirement opportunity comes around. Just saying.
I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday afternoon. I have a Town Hall Meeting to go to that evening and then have to help hold a training Wednesday. Then I am coming home again because Wednesday night I am going to see Aerosmith. This makes me laugh, my co worker told me to be careful of the contact high I am going to get. LOL. It will be an experience. I haven't been to a concert like this for a while. All the others I've been to lately has been an older crowd going to. Eric Clapton, Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald, Eric Clapton and Roger Daltry, Carole King and James Taylor, CSN, there are more I just can't remember them. Oh when I went to see The Allman Brothers and Railroad Earth, yeah it was a contact high kind of concert but was so cool because it was at Redrocks Amphitheater in Colorado. Anyway this will be a trip. LOL
Well, not much going on. Gonna get off here. All I want to say is thank you. Thank you to all the Veterans, past and present.
No comments:
Post a Comment