Where do I begin. I guess at the beginning. I got up early this morning and headed to Columbia. Figured I'd leave around 7 because it would take me a good 2-1/2 to 3 hours from Springfield. I needed some gas, went to the gas station close to the apartment and the pump wouldn't take my debit card. I have had this happen before and when I'd go in the cashier would be able to get it to work. I didn't want to go in, stand in line and wait to guess how much gas I needed so I got in my car and headed down the highway thinking I might find me a Casey's along the highway. I had enough gas to make it to Jefferson City but really do not like to have anything but a full tank when I head out.
I usually go up I-44, hit Lebanon to Camdenton, then up whatever that highway is to Jeff City and then the next highway to get to Columbia. Anyway, once I started down the highway I realized I had forgotten my computer at work along with my work. I had packed it yesterday to take with me, along with the copies of papers that we needed to work on today. Well, I remembered the papers but forgot my work. I called my coworker and she was able to give me the information that I needed which I was thankful for.
Got to Lebanon and there wasn't a Casey's like I was hoping for but there was a station just like the one I left in Springfield. Still, debit card wouldn't work so off I went down the highway knowing there was a Casey's in Camdenton. Not only did I find a Casey's but gas was $.10 cheaper. Card worked like a dream and I got a full tank of gas.
I made my phone calls that I needed while I was sitting there in Camdenton and then headed off to Columbia. Everything went good with us meeting and we got a lot done. It was a good day so far.
Got home, went to my apartment and my key wouldn't work. I couldn't figure out why. Things didn't look the same, there was a bench in front of my window and words scratched on my front door. A lady came up to get in her apartment and I told her my key wouldn't work. She was a sweet lady and tried to help. She asked if I was Kelly's friend and I said no, I'd just moved here last week. I called the office and told them I couldn't get into my apartment and she said she would come and see if she could get me in. I knew the girl that came to help me because she was my neighbor at the other apartment. She was laughing. I was at the wrong apartment building. I was at apartment building 53, not 52. I don't know how I got turned around but I did. How embarrassing. Glad Kelly wasn't home!!!
When I tell Terry tonight he is going to say, "That's what happens when you turn 56, you get disoriented." LOL.
Well, getting off here. I have a 4 day weekend coming up and am glad. Next week is going to be nuts. All will be fine though. See you guys tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment