My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's the little things that mean the most!!!

Today was a beautiful day. We were able to say goodbye to a special lady and we could put closure to a very sad time in our lives. Sitting there in the church, surrounded by some of Patty's closest friends and her family felt so right. Nothing warmed your heart more than to set in a church and the preacher says before he starts the services Dakota would like to sing a song for his grandma. Dakota is Patty's 7 year old grandson. Standing there nervous but yet extremely proud, he broke into song with Patty's special friend accompanying him on the guitar. I will never look at Away in the Manger the same. Dakota told me later it was his Grandma's favorite. Everyone applauded and Dakota lowered his eyes, a little embarrassed but sat in the front pew with his mom, sister and little brother with sadness in his eyes. You could tell he missed his Grandma.

After everything was over I came on home. Terry had picked up Dakota and his mom along with the other two and had to take them back home. I fixed a pot of goulash because Josh had to work today and I knew he would be home hungry. Sure enough and so was Terry. The church fed us after the services but I knew sandwiches wasn't something Terry would call a meal. :o) It was nice to visit with his cousins though and some of Patty's friends I knew and got to visit with them also. LIke I said, good day.

Signing off. Weather has changed, we were having warm weather and rains are coming in. My head is telling me the same thing, I am hoping I can stay up late enough to watch Saturday Night Live. Last week they were pretty funny and I bet this week they will be too with the election coverage. Good night all and talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment