Beautiful fall time day out today. Weather was warm with just a hint of cool mingled within the light breeze blowing periodically. Terry cooked pork steaks on the grill as I did the lazy man's potato, baked it in the oven with buttered corn. Made lemonade to drink and then Josh came home and was going to go to the store to get supplies for a weeks worth of lunches. While at the store with him, i picked up an angel food cake and when I got home made some strawberries up and put it over the cake. Yummy, yum, yum. Good snack.
Not real crazy about the time change going on this weekend. Terry and I were sitting here in the living room with the window open, enjoying the evening, it was dark outside. All of a sudden the Catholic Church bells started ringing and I was like what are the bells going on in the middle of the night. Looked at the clock and it was only 6pm. Yeah, I'm not to crazy about this time of the year. I like daylight longer, you can do so much stuff outside and all. Oh well, it will come back.
Today's weather brought me into the mood of fall planters. I love all that and can not wait until I retire. It is when I was telling Terry everything that I wanted to do with the downstairs of our house he goes, well when we all retire. :o) I knew exactly what that meant, I will have time to get all things done that I want to once I retire and he is so right. I can't wait.
Love that candy corn snapdragon that is in that container. Snapdragons, straw flowers, marigolds, purple tuft grass, petunias, pansy's. Some of my many favorite fall flowers. Snapdragons have been known to reseed themselves for me and I have had plants the following years as marigold also. Love the annual's that become perennials.
Well, heading off of here. Can hear the coyotes in the distance tonight with the window open. We live in town but are at the edge of town so we get lots of wildlife around our house. Will talk to you guys tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment