My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Friday, June 29, 2012

Very, very thankful.

FINALLY, I remembered to go to my Dr.'s appointment to have my labs read. Had some really good news but also got some bummer news. Nothing I can't take care of myself but still,,,,bummer. Three things I need to work on. Exercise and diet are the two main things but the one that scared me into the other two, I am dangerously close to being Diabetic. She said that she could put me on medicine today but is going to see if I can reverse it all. She gave me some directives and I am going to follow them and see what can happen. I knew I needed to do better on diet and exercise but absolutely do not want to go on any other type of pills. I am going to try the 25/40. What is that you ask??? Have at least 25 grams of carbs every 4 hours and 40 minutes of aerobic exercise a day. I can do it because I have done it before but you know how it goes. She said get 30 grams of protein in too. Lots and lots of dark green leafy vegetables, No starchy stuff. Basically, nothing white and put lots of color on your plate. Plus if it doesn't fly or swim, leave it alone. I have to go back in three months and get checked but that's okay. She's lost a bunch of weight doing this too and she is a big woman. I really like her and have gone to her off and on for about 20 years. I'm going to quit Weight Watchers and follow her plan, she scares me more than Weight Watchers. She wants to put me on more pills. LOL. I have taking medicine more than anything in the world!!!

Oh, and she asked me if I was taking Omega 3 and I told yes I am. Been taking it for about 3 months now and she said it shows and one of the things that made my labs so good. She said I need to be taking some Vitamin D also. She recommended I take a brand called CardioTabs Omega-3 Extra Strength +D3 2x a day. I meant to pick some up today but forgot. She said you can go to their website and order them on line and get like 20% off. I want to see how much they are in the store before I check them out online. Okay guys, it's on. I'm going to try this all and get healthier. That has always been my directive!!!

Of course my husband is a big sabotage-r. He was home when I got back from the Dr's and he wanted to go out and eat. He said he was craving pasta so we went to Olive Garden. I had Eggplant Parmasian, salad and a ton load of bread sticks. Hmm. We both decided we'd get on plan after lunch. I did good tonight. Ate a chicken breast and sliced up a fresh tomato. Terry's friend grows an unforeseen amount of tomatoes a year, this year he planted 3800 plants and he gave Terry a bunch. Man they are good. They are the first of the year I have had and you can't beat them. I've had three today!!!

You know, I am so excited about the new Affordable Health Care Plan being in effect. It means so much to our country right now. I understand how it can take some jobs away but I also see where it would add more jobs. We have needed something for so many years. I have a lot of friends that don't like our President but I do. He has done so much good and I believe he is a genuinely good man. What does this health care plan mean??? In my eyes this is what it means:

And all I can say is we can be very thankful for this!!!

With this I want to end with a quote from someone I hold very dear to my heart and have always admired before her death.

People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give it your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
.....Mother Teresa.

Good night all, I love you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment