My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Love Yourself

What a nice day. My son accidentally butt dialed me early morning at 2am. He did talk to me and was walking home from the bar. Was glad he used common sense on that part and guess he had fun but took me a little while to go back to sleep. Woke up around 6:30-7:00 because that is what time I wake up normally and it is hard for my internal clock to shut down. No snooze alarm there. Got up and watched my Saturday morning cartoons which are cooking shows and Josh started talking to me via Facebook around 8. Asked him if he wanted me to come down there and take him to his truck because I was wanting to get my cast iron cookware from the house.

My ex bought me a bunch of cast iron skillets and such when I was with him and it made me so mad I refused to use them, putting them in the back of my kitchen cabinets. He bought them so my fried chicken could taste like his grandma's. I never cooked as good as grandma and I tried to tell him I never would be able too. One thing she went out to the chicken yard and killed the chicken, cleaned it, cut it up and fried it in lard that they had gotten from their last hog they butchered. Plus no one can duplicate grandma's or mother's cooking!!! Heck, I can't even cook a frozen pizza as good as my mom did according to Josh!!! Bad thing about it I have to agree!!!

Anyway, I ran down to Garden City and got him and got the pans. The reason I had a renewed interest in them was when I was in Jefferson City we were talking about cast iron and how everyone loved their pans. I asked if you could salvage them if they had become extremely rusty and probably pretty dirty. Yes was the answer I got from the friends, wash them, then scrub them and if needed use salt while scrubbing. I was like "Rock On" I can do that. I have washed them, scrubbed them (salt and steel wool worked great to get the rust off) and am seasoning the skillets right now. I'm a little excited. I have a dutch oven also I need to clean up but all couldn't fit in my dishwasher. Next after I am done with the skillets. I have 4 and I am sure he spent a lot of money on them.

When I got back from Garden City Terry and I went to the grocery store. People hate it when their spouse goes shopping with them but Terry is awesome. We brought them home and I put them all up. Came in and got on the computer for a little bit. Terry was waiting on the game to come on at 1pm and this was around noon. I thought, hmmm, I'm going to go lay down and take a little nap. Then get up and work up the fruit I'd bought at the store. 3 hours later I woke up. Man, I must have been tired but feel good now. Terry told me I must have needed it if I slept that long.

Got up, made a lunch/supper of hotdogs and chips. Worked up the fruit, am seasoning the skillets now and here I am. I love days like this!!! Should probably go out here in a few and water my plants.

Tomorrow is Josh's Birthday dinner. His birthday is Tuesday but since I won't be here I will fix it tomorrow. 25 years from today I was pregnant. I thought June wouldn't be so hot but I remember it was a miserable time with heat. When I was in the hospital with him a cold front came through and was nice, then when I got out of the hospital it turned hot again. We didn't have air conditioner either and our fans broke down. A friend of ours came to me with two box fans and said, happy baby present. I was so thankful for them. Josh's daddy was never home and didn't know how hot and how hard it was to keep my baby cooled off. Josh never had heat rash or anything that summer. Lots of cool bathes and laying by the fan. Sometimes I wonder how I kept him alive. LOL. Not really but I do tell him it was a miracle.

Heading out to water plants. Talk to you tomorrow. Let you know how that day goes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment