Got those dreaded iris's dug up on the east side of the house today. It is so dry out and they were so overgrown that it wasn't that hard getting them up. I worked the soil and sowed 3 envelopes of Zinnia seeds and one envelope of Wildflower mix. If they come up cool and if not all is okay. I am going to work the area and plant tomato plants next year and probably some cucumber and pepper plants. Going to work on the other side too and plant corn and probably strawberries over there. Am excited, I love working in the soil. Next week we will work on the other side. I showed Terry what I had done and he was impressed.
Only bad thing is I can't work like I use to. I had to come in and rest a little and go back out and work more. My friend Carole called me and wanted to know if I wanted to run with her and pick up some tomato cages for her 89 year old mom. I said sure. Now there is a lady I wish I had as much stamina as she does. She mowed her yard up to last year. You can't slow Ruby down if you want to. I love her to death. She had breast cancer a few years ago and had to have surgery. I went to see her after she got out of the hospital and she goes, "You know what those grandkids of mine call me now???" I told her I didn't know and she goes, "One booby Ruby." You have to know Ruby, she found humor in it and it cracked me up. Her grandkids love her to death and she loves them too. She's a cool lady and has a garden at 89 years old.
My friend Nadine came by today too. I haven't seen her for like a year and it was so nice catching up with her. We have been friends since high school and have never lost that friendship. Just seems like now we don't get together like we did. Love Nadine and was so glad to see her!!! I am going to share my Iris's with her. Hope we get some that come back when we plant them.
Tomorrow is another day and I will write again. Going to quit for the night!!! Talk to you later.
No comments:
Post a Comment