Well, back to Springfield tomorrow and I have mixed emotions about that. I have so enjoyed being home with my family these last two weeks and having to get back into my routine is going to be tough. Well, not tough but maybe a little trying. It will be fine, at least I have a job and so many others are without one or wish they had a better one. Heck, I wish I had a better one. Do we ever have that perfect job or get paid enough money??? No matter what job I have had or what I am doing it's never enough or what I would really like to do. Oh well.
Once I get back down there though I will work more on my weight. Even though I lost 2 pounds more the last time I weighed in this week has been a wash. I have got to get back on the wagon, instead of dragging one leg and sometimes both legs as I am riding along.
I go tomorrow and get my lab results read to me from my Dr. I am looking forward to it and hope to find out good news or what I should be doing differently to make my health better. That is what all this work towards losing weight is all about. I want to feel better, have more energy and even better mobility. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow, maybe if I remember.
Have been watching some really good movies this weekend. Free HBO and Cinemax, I told Terry Happy Birthday. He laughed and said, you ordered it for me didn't you. I told him you know I did. LOL. We've watched "Cinema Verite", a true story about the first reality TV show The American Family. I loved it and am going to rent it again because we didn't see all of it. The next one we saw was "Knight and Day". Loved that one too, very funny and high speed chase stuff. It was with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. "Due Date" I've seen that stupid movie 100 million times but the guys wanted to see it one more time and of course I laughed at it again, just like I'd seen it for the first time. Then we watched "Popper's Penguin's" with Jim Carrey. Typical Jim Carrey movie, goofy but was good. Oh I forgot, we saw "Benny and Joon" also. It has Johnny Depp and Aidan Quinn, I love him as an actor. Something about his voice. He was in "Legend's of the Fall" as Brad Pitt's brother, he played a politician that loved his brother's first wife and married her. That was another good movie. Anyway, Terry is watching some SciFi movie "The Book of Eli", it's not bad. Anything has to be better than "The Gray" that we watched last weekend. I hated that movie with a passion. Anyway, we have enjoyed free HBO and Cinemax weekend.
Next weekend will probably be a quiet one, even though it is Father's Day weekend. We will do whatever Terry wants to do but of course we both are so laid back doing this is just what the both of us want to do. We went to the T-Bone's game last night. The T-Bone's are a minor league team in the KC area and the tickets are so reasonable. It was a full house last night but of course the Royal's were out of town and they had some of the KC A's players there to recognize. I didn't really remember any of the players but Terry loved it. We were 4 row's up from the first base and was not far from Frank White, the first base coach for the T-Bones. It was a good game even though we lost. They played against the Wichita Wingnuts. The fireworks after the game were fantastic. We all had a good time.
Getting off of here. I am tired and going to bed. Have had a headache and stomach not really feeling that great all day. Talk to you tomorrow.
Glad you had such a great wkend. I'm getting terrified the closer I get to surgery thursday, can't believe i have to have another one and i'm petrified. Anyway, really enjoy your blogs and I hated The Gray also...
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you girl. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I will be so happy when all this is over with.
DeleteSo, did you relay Steve's message to Frank White? :) Sounds like you guy's had a very enjoyable weekend.
ReplyDeleteI forgot but I did tell him I knew JJ and he told me to tell you hey!!! :o)
Delete