My Family

My Family
This is my family minus Jeremy. He lives in California. As my son Joshua (the one in camo) said, "Aren't we a good looking bunch"!!! Yes we are!!!
CURRENT MOON

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Be Thankful.

Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey!!! It was a good day. This morning when I left the apartment it was so nice. No humidity, 60+* out with a nice breeze blowing. It was so nice, not so much when I left the office this evening at 5:30. We are talking 104* at the bank with my car saying 103*. Man, it's going to be a hot summer. Just wish we'd get some rain. We will eventually but not sure when. I praise God we don't live in Colorado though and am praying for those that are in the danger areas of the fires. I was in Denver 3-4 years ago when the wildfires were going on and there was such a haze over the mountains and in the town. My niece is staying out in Breckenridge area right now and I talked to her the other night and forgot to ask her about the fires and stuff.

Today at work my Program Manager, Supervisor and Bureau Chief was in the office. My Program Manager and I were in there together for a while before the other two came in. I have this IPhone and love Pandora Radio. It is really an awesome feature to have and I was listening to Hootie and the Blowfish (Love that Darius Rucker) and jamming out with my earplugs on. I was typing up some narratives, eating my breakfast which consisted of a peanut butter sandwich and drinking my coffee. Anyway a song came on and I was digging it. Jamming out to the hilt. Doing a little chair dancing while I was typing and would reach over and get a bite of my sandwich. All of a sudden someone taps me on the shoulder and scared the bejezzus out of me. It was my program manager. Guess she'd been standing there for a while because she thought I was on the phone. LOL. We both laughed and she gave me a hard time. Oh well, sometimes music is the answer to my anxiety. Plays to the soul.

When I sit and look around I realize that a lot of good stuff happens when I don't focus on all my hard times. People have some great news if you just will listen to them and take them to heart. Plus you can help those that need it most if you will turn away from your problems and focus on how you can make their lives better. I have one friend that became a first time Grandma today. How exciting is that and this little baby boy is going to know what love is all about. He is going to be a character and a half if his grandpa has any say on it. Then another friend called me the other night and asked if I knew of any services that could help out someone they know and love dearly. I told them it might take me a day or two but I would see what I could find out. Found something out last night and told them about it tonight. It was like a weight was lifted off their shoulder. I told them if they would like I would contact these people and help them. We'll see but all is so good. Plus Josh called and a buddy of his called that is in the Army and he just made Sargent. That's pretty exciting news too. There is so much good out there if we would just get our heads out of the sand and realize that the glass is half full.

Well, I'm going to get off here. It's almost Friday and I have Friday off again this week. Need to go to the Dr. and get my lab results. Been messing around and missing appointments. Bad Glenda. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment